Battery Changes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eduardo521

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Diesel
Good evening all!
I have a 2014 Ram 2500 and in the last couple of days, it has been doing some strange things. When I remotely unlock the doors, the lights flash like normal, but then it immediately locks the doors and the lights flash like I locked them. I had not made any changes in the settings only that when it locks and unlicks, I disabled the horn. Today it did the same thing, but now the turn signal indicators flash a couple of times. Does this mean my batteries are going dead? I couldn't find anything in the owner's manual. I'll research it more tonight, but I thought I'd ask to see if any of you have experienced this. Thanks.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Not sure what you are saying about changes because first you say you didn't make any then mention turning off horn beep.. Did you make changes using AlphaOBD? If so, hopefully you copied all your settings first and can look at your saved information against your current settings.

I recommend returning to factory original and see if that clears issues. That is cheapest and best way to start diagnostics. Let us know what you find.

If that doesn't fix it you could have bad main battery, bad battery in remote, bad remote, loose wire, or something else.

kdoublep

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sounds like he disabled the horn through the truck options, not Alfa. I think it's coincidence and the truck battery is going bad. Test your battery first.

OP
OP
Eduardo521

Eduardo521

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Diesel
I changed the batteries in both my remotes. Someone suggested I disconnect the truck batteries to remedy. I will do this today and if it does not work, I'll have both the truck batteries checked Thanks..

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I changed the batteries in both my remotes. Someone suggested I disconnect the truck batteries to remedy. I will do this today and if it does not work, I'll have both the truck batteries checked Thanks..

How old are the batteries in the truck? AFAIK, in a warm climate like Texas, 2 or 3 years is quite typical for life expectancy.

Load testing the truck batteries will confirm the functional state and identify if they should be replaced.

Many auto parts stores will load test at no cost.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Probably the battery, or a module.

I would also look at the battery->body and Batt->engine grounds. Wiggle the TIPM wiring maybe...

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would check your truck battery with a load tester type, auto zone does it for free.