Battery dead?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RamCanada67

RamCanada67

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Update. Cluster stayed on all night last night. Cluster was still on in the morning. Battery had enough juice to start. Drove it to the dealership and they put me in a rental for now, which is good considering they don't do rentals unless you buy the extended warranty. And now I wait to see what they're going to do. Ideally I'd like them to swap it with a 1500 that works. We'll see.

brian42

Military
Reaction score
You're lucky to have a dealership that does rentals. Stick with them as long as you can.

My dealership doesn't do rentals any more since COVID (for any warranty work). Many never did them to begin with.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RamCanada67

RamCanada67

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Update: dealership installed the softwate update this morning (FCA released it last night) and the issue is resolved. The instrument cluster is now turning off after turning off the ignition. The issue was in the electronic shifter module. A glitch wasn't letting it go to sleep. All good. Knock on wood.

PS, realized I started 2 threads. Oops. That's the last post on this topic anyway. Hopefully! I'll delete the this thread later.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Update: dealership installed the softwate update this morning (FCA released it last night) and the issue is resolved. The instrument cluster is now turning off after turning off the ignition. The issue was in the electronic shifter module. A glitch wasn't letting it go to sleep. All good. Knock on wood.

PS, realized I started 2 threads. Oops. That's the last post on this topic anyway. Hopefully! I'll delete the this thread later.
It's already up as a thread,so i'd leave the thread up

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
interesting read

I just spent a week driving around looking for a NOCO charger
I finally found one, it was the most powerful NOCO made,
i did not need a big charger, i have 2 of the bigger chargers already

Someone will ask why i drove around, instead of letting my fingers do the walking.
I found out that hardly any store clerk has ever heard of a battery maintainer, no clerk that was at any store counter had ever heard of NOCO or CTEK & only a few had heard of Schumacher
They had to ask a manager

I went to Autozone who i know carries NOCO
all the shelves where the chargers are were empty, beside some funky brand & they only had one of those.
So i went to a independent Battery store & they don't carry chargers.
Oriellys does not carry them
Carquest sold out to Advance Auto
Pep Boys sold out to Advance Auto
Batteries Plus had sold all of the NOCO stock & they said NOCO has not confirmed that their order has shipped
Indian Motorcycles does not carry NOCO products, but they do carry my motorcycle batteries from Yuasa :)

I finally found a NOCO charger/maintainer unit at
Interstate All Battery Center
they had only one & it was not in the display area
but they had several CTEK products displayed

Last edited:

shrubs

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Batteries. Another item that has not improved as new technologies put bigger demands on them. Not just vehicles but electronic devices including phones, tablets etc.

Yes, we don't expect a battery to last forever but some sort of reliable longevity would be great.

Any electronic related issue prompts me to start with the battery.

brian42

Military
Reaction score
Yes, we don't expect a battery to last forever but some sort of reliable longevity would be great.
I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Customer service and product quality has gone from "we want your business" to "do you want it or not".

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Customer service and product quality has gone from "we want your business" to "do you want it or not".
If you sold your 2019, what are you running now?

The supply chain is ridiculous, and Customer Service and QC out the door. But sometimes I understand the rudeness and frustration of clerks, they must hear the same yelling everyday and PPL frustrated about stuff tend to take it out on other people, unfortunately.

I went to Walmart to buy a set of Wipers, and I could only find (1) in what I wanted. I, like, WTF, over, LOL.

brian42

Military
Reaction score
I've left the truck world behind (after 22 years) and have "downgraded" to a 2017 VW Passat.

It actually has more leg room and shoulder room than my RAM...but w-a-y less headroom.

I miss the view from up there and a some of the features it had but I've cut my fuel (and registration) costs in half.