Battery replacement IBS registration using a Foxwell nt530

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gonzo21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
I have a 2019 Ram BigHorn Classic and would like to know if anyone has replaced the battery and know the sequence on doing the battery registration using a Foxwell nt530?

ibike

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Found this on the internet. It’s talking about a BMW, and it sounds like that tool is specifically for a BMW? But it does give a procedure to make it happen.

Rebel4Mo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Had to replace the battery in my wife's 2019 Rebel recently.
Remove and replace was all that was done .No registration.
However check engine light came on for about 30 minutes then shut off.

Defuse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.2
Register a battery?
The ECU in my VW is like this. You code the serial number, battery type (AGM/Wet/etc), capabilities of the battery from the sticker on it (amp hours). Then uses that info to maintain the battery. Apparently cars with stop / start like to have AGM batteries. I have not had to swap the battery in my '23 yet but would not be surprised if it was similar.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The ECU in my VW is like this. You code the serial number, battery type (AGM/Wet/etc), capabilities of the battery from the sticker on it (amp hours). Then uses that info to maintain the battery. Apparently cars with stop / start like to have AGM batteries. I have not had to swap the battery in my '23 yet but would not be surprised if it was similar.
When I first got this truck, I took a look at the battery. It actually lists amp hours like a deep cycle battery in a boat or RV. It's not a true deep cycle battery, it's more of a hybrid, but why would a truck battery need any kind of amp hour rating?

Defuse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.2
When I first got this truck, I took a look at the battery. It actually lists amp hours like a deep cycle battery in a boat or RV. It's not a true deep cycle battery, it's more of a hybrid, but why would a truck battery need any kind of amp hour rating?
Vehicles these days are 95% computer 3%engine 2% garbage. Different applications have different requirements. I am pretty sure I could have run my '73 Monte Carlo on a radio shack battery if I really needed to. Cars these days? Good luck..

Now to find out how many people google radio shack to figure out wtf that is.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Vehicles these days are 95% computer 3%engine 2% garbage. Different applications have different requirements. I am pretty sure I could have run my '73 Monte Carlo on a radio shack battery if I really needed to. Cars these days? Good luck..
Now to find out how many people google radio shack to figure out wtf that is.
:cool: Ah, I remember it well. Spent a lot of money there back in the day buying electronic stuff.