Battery Saver Mode and dash staying lit after shutdown

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mayres90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have had this issue for 2+ years and have changed my battery within the last 15 months and also had a new Intelligent Battery Sensor installed within the last 6 months.

During warm weather (Above 50 degrees), my truck will go into battery saver mode after driving for 5 to 10 minutes. I have an hour commute each way to work. Sometimes this goes on after only 5 minutes. I have not had any issues with this during the coldest of days here (nothing below 20 degrees). Just when the weather becomes warmer.

Radio will cut out, but A/C and vented/heated seats still work.

When shutting truck off, the dash goes blank with back light still on, and the radio screen stays lit with full display. All when the truck is off.

If I catch it when I park, I will turn engine off for 5 seconds and restart until radio starts and then shut off. If I don’t catch it and don’t restart, then I have a dead battery in the morning.

Dealership is at a loss. It only affects the stereo (premium stereo option with the Alpine amp).

Not other messages in the information center that point to another issue.

It’s becoming really annoying and there doesn’t seem to be a fix that my dealership can find.

Has anyone seen or experienced this?

Sychowski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey, check out this thread.