beach driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tbta02

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
anyone have their on the beach yet? wondering how they do in soft sand

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
Did it years ago in my old F250 and won't do it again. Went fine but after that had scratching sounds on my windows every time I put them up and down. Sand everywhere

carverwagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
18 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
florida 2014 061ram.jpg

Drive mine on the beach when ever I'm near one ..... Just be sensible and be aware of the tide !!!

Last edited:

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
Hmmm, is that Port A or Mustang island? I've driven that beach too , hah. !!
Close! This is Mcfadin beach which is close to crystal beach / bolivar peninsula

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

carverwagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
18 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Close! This is Mcfadin beach which is close to crystal beach / bolivar peninsula

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Dang...we missed that beach cause we didn't take the ferry. We went from Galveston to Port Arthur on the hyway. Looks really nice there.

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
Dang...we missed that beach cause we didn't take the ferry. We went from Galveston to Port Arthur on the hyway. Looks really nice there.

you drove RIGHT by it. lol.

McFadin beach is known as the unofficial nude beach of Texas. Not that i go for this reason, its just hilarious seeing my wifes reaction when we see a group of 60+ year old swingers letting everything hang out when we pass by. Plus everyone is super nice, so they all turn to you and wave hahaha. Its really funny. lol.

carverwagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
18 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
you drove RIGHT by it. lol.

McFadin beach is known as the unofficial nude beach of Texas. Not that i go for this reason, its just hilarious seeing my wifes reaction when we see a group of 60+ year old swingers letting everything hang out when we pass by. Plus everyone is super nice, so they all turn to you and wave hahaha. Its really funny. lol.

Hahaha , we will have to drive it next time we are back in that part of the world.

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
Yup and they sellout every season. It doubles as a fishing license.
I know I need to move to Texas

lol i dont even think people get finishing licenses down here.

The beach i got to is like a 30 mile stretch, come summer time that entire stretch will be filled with trucks. and they all have at least 2 GIANT poles stuck in the ground fishing from the beach.

Some guy pulled a 14ft hammer head from the beach last summer!

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You should be fine as long as you're not trying to drive in the sugarish stuff with 50PSI or whatever RAM recommend now days for our trucks :) 15psi on ***** tread tires can get you places in super soft sand, the lower the pressure the better just don't go so low that you'll pop your bead out. 15psi should be ok for normal wheels, you can do 5-6 psi with real beadlock wheels. Also if you're doing this often a set of recovery boards will be golden. Make sure you have recovery points front and rear as well.

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
You should be fine as long as you're not trying to drive in the sugarish stuff with 50PSI or whatever RAM recommend now days for our trucks :) 15psi on ***** tread tires can get you places in super soft sand, the lower the pressure the better just don't go so low that you'll pop your bead out. 15psi should be ok for normal wheels, you can do 5-6 psi with real beadlock wheels. Also if you're doing this often a set of recovery boards will be golden. Make sure you have recovery points front and rear as well.

the first time i went to the beach i still had the factory 60PSI front, and 65PSI rear. as soon as i got to the entrance and hit the sand, the thing just SANK.

instantly **** myself cuz i didnt want to be the guy in the awesome off road truck looking like a ****. anyway, locked the axles and the truck just pulled itself through.

once i got home i ordered a Viair 450 and it has never left the back seat since then. Even if we just go driving down dirt roads i lower em down to like 35F / 30R. just to make the ride smoother.

tm757

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We go on the beach at Hatteras, NC. I have taken it out at full pressure on the tires but it works best at 20 psi or so. Some areas have fluffy sand that likes to suck the trucks in.
I love the small adapters that I put on my valve stems to let out air. I can do all four tires at once and watch on my dash for the pressure.
Also my truck has an alert for adding air. It blows the horn at the correct pressure. I thought my wife was screwing with me the first time.

9C8373EA-80FB-4941-B7FB-54F5F0621EDD.jpeg

Gussers

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Replaced my stock tires with the Wildpeak AT3s. Was down on the beach at Outer Banks. No problems. Just air down the tires. I was running mine about 18psi. I agree with others about sand getting EVERYWHERE! I still find sand in my cab after the kids kept getting in and out! That was 2 years ago! No problem at all on sand. You have to run 4WD slowly. If you've driven in snow, you'll do fine in sand. Wheel spin is bad. :)

Gregory2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Been driving on the beach here for 2 years in N.J
Air down to 15psi. No problems as of yet.

Hardracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 1500 laramie 4x4 crew cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Only Beach I've driven on was Daytona so I can't compare it to anything as far as like types of sand...truck did fine everytime I was ever there,no air changes or anything like that...then again cars drive there all the time

tm757

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Daytona beach is much different from Hatteras,NC. It is seriously hard packed. Hatteras sand is soft and many 4WDs get stuck. Never seen a car go farther than the ramp. It wouldn’t make it far if it did. Maybe a 4WD Subaru could.