Bed lighting with third brake lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Darsey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello yall
Curious question. I tried wiring up some bed lights in my 2017 Laramie ed. Ram but to no avail. I’ve seen it done on you tube but I can’t get it to work. I tried tapping into the “brown/white” wire on the driver side door panel wiring harness with alligator clips. I am trying to run led strips but get no power. My third brake light is also led. It has power. Any comments are greatly appreciated

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
As mentioned….. try switching the wires, and bulbs… separately :waytogo:

BOSTONDAN1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
same issue with the white and brown wire not giving the LED bed light strip enough power (very dim) I ended up getting power thru the trailer hitch constant power wire under the tailgate

BruceS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi eTorque
I ended up getting power thru the trailer hitch constant power wire under the tailgate
Can you either describe that in more detail?

Any photos would be great.

This video on YouTube seems like a great approach (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77t1UW4Qc7g), except having to run the wires all the way to the battery seems like it's unnecessary.

If I could do the same while drawing the power from the back of the truck, that would be preferred!

ps. Mine is a 2022 Laramie DT Hemi eTorque

Last edited: