Bed off center

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Troyce0326

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Had my '13 QC for a cuople months. Noticed during my last wash that from the rear the bed is off center towards drivers side. Figured i could move it without taking it to dealer. Sounds sort of trival. Loosened all bolts and got it to move but not enough. Has anyone else seen this ? Should i bring it in and let them look at it ? Thanks.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Had my '13 QC for a cuople months. Noticed during my last wash that from the rear the bed is off center towards drivers side. Figured i could move it without taking it to dealer. Sounds sort of trival. Loosened all bolts and got it to move but not enough. Has anyone else seen this ? Should i bring it in and let them look at it ? Thanks.
You paid them for a truck in perfect condition. They haven't delivered on their end of the deal.

Questions? :confused:

Peattie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wouldnt mess with it. Take it back to the dealer

2serious

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine is off to been that way since day one. I haven't been back to the dealer about it. I just noticed it not to long ago. I was gonna loosen the bolts and shift it myself instead of a the the techs pushing right in the middle of the bed panel.

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I've never seen a truck with just the bed that's off-center. Count me as another vote for just take it back to the dealership and get them to fix it. Especially since it didn't go all the way back to center when you tried to move it.

OP
OP
T

Troyce0326

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Thanks for the input. I'm 45 and this is the first new vehicle i've owned. Been a Mopar fan since a teenager.

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Thanks for the input. I'm 45 and this is the first new vehicle i've owned. Been a Mopar fan since a teenager.

No problem! And very nice. I'm 22 and my Ram is also my first new vehicle. It's been a steep learning curve so far lol. Came to the Ram from an old beater.

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Shady Hills, Rednecksville Boro, Florida.
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry to revive an old thread, but what is exactly the issue if the bed is half an inch or slightly less towards the drivers side or passanger side? Im no mechanical engineer but would have thought as long as the bed is tucked behind the cab and in the slip stream of it then all is good?

I read other posts about folks taking it back to get re-aligned etc etc and most have the cab adjusted to make the bed look centered correctly and evenly. Is this just for looks?

Light heartedly, if the bed being slightly over to the left or right is the only issue then My Gawd, count yourself lucky.