beeps or lights left on or keys in ignition warning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hoots

Reaction score
Ram Year
97 dodge ram 1500 4x4
Engine
v8 5.2
Hey guys so when i leave my lights or keys in the car the car doesn't beep or do anything im used to it now but my wife isn't so all 3 times shes used my truck the lights are left on or locks my keys in the truck. any ideas on what the old owner might have clipped to stop the beep? also my seat belt light is always on even when its buckled im guessing they might all be connected together?

K.Adkins_22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'd like to know that one as well. Mine doesn't beep when the lights are left on either

Sent from my treestand

HolyRamBatman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There is a buzzer under the dash somewhere. Mine was driver side, up front on the rail and at the lowest point. I took mine out last summer and it bit me in the ass earlier.

My seatbelt light did not stay on when I removed it so IDK.

OP
OP
H

Hoots

Reaction score
Ram Year
97 dodge ram 1500 4x4
Engine
v8 5.2
sweet yea my buddy with a single cab 2500 i was in on the weekend had the buzzer as well, so ill look under my dash its probably gone or wires removed. i found a plug under the plastic under the door on the side of my seat that wasn't plugged into anything i will guess that's my seat belt senor, not so concerned on that one, more of less my lights and keys as those are the mistakes that kill batteries or make you call the tow company :p