belltech 2/4 1/2 lower in rear ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dracman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 black out edition
Engine
hemi 5.7
well installed bellteck 2/4 kit awile ago and rear end was sitting on the new bellteck bump stops.i seen lots of others 2/4 and the back is like a inch higher. Mines a 1/2 lower in back can I see some pics of your rear bumps stops and see how much room ya have. It’s just driving me nuts. Think I might have to put bags in rear and hope it comes up abit. Sec pic is bt bs and 3rd is factory cut down

F2C61B0E-3F1F-43E8-8ED8-02D615C29525.png

C16FBE27-59C0-4F03-BD13-87FA229C503A.jpeg

3AB8621E-0CF6-4F11-B322-687BA84BE817.jpeg

766F87D5-EEC6-4E5E-8910-4E8229D8D741.png

C4A2C566-2958-494F-B9A3-ADED7F01FA24.jpeg

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Im sitting an inch higher in the front. 2/4 Belltech on a single cab ST

IMG_20190630_124654956.jpg

OP
OP
dracman

dracman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 black out edition
Engine
hemi 5.7
Im sitting an inch higher in the front. 2/4 Belltech on a single cab ST

View attachment 171619
ya mines 1.5 higher in front.shouldent it be inch higher in back.and did ya cut down your bump stops.i cut my factory ones down,bt bs were sitting on rear end .think gonna email bell teck see what they say.have any picsof your truck

CoreySinger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ecodiesel
Cut the metal bumpstop mount off. Install the front bumpstop for a 2wd in the hole left behind. The bumpstop looks like the one on the front strut but it hase a bolt in it. You may need to drill the hole larger and install a riv nut.

Add durango airlift 1000.

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ya mines 1.5 higher in front.shouldent it be inch higher in back.and did ya cut down your bump stops.i cut my factory ones down,bt bs were sitting on rear end .think gonna email bell teck see what they say.have any picsof your truck

It was lowered when I purchased it, so don't have any info on the install. You can click on the link in my sig below, the ST is the lowered one.

H1Chester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Are the right springs and shocks in the right locations? My 965SP Belltech drop showed up on Monday, installing this week during the holiday.

LuisJr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cut the metal bumpstop mount off. Install the front bumpstop for a 2wd in the hole left behind. The bumpstop looks like the one on the front strut but it hase a bolt in it. You may need to drill the hole larger and install a riv nut.

Add durango airlift 1000.

There is where I'm at. I cut off my bumpstop bucket per Inez Hotrods instructions and I have done nothing but slam super hard on the frame just looking at a bump. It's so bad, I'm glad my dad had a set if 2" rear drop springs. I'm currently on those with 2.5 coils cut out but now my rear is up 2" vs the front.

I usually would like that, but I'm so damn irritated that I spent extra money on brackets and control arms to do a 4" drop right and so I want a damn 4" drop hahaha

I'm going to swing by the local hardware store to get a rivnut gun and get the 2" belltech bump stops installed and cut another half coil off the 2" drop springs to get the rear end down some more. Hopefully I can get it around 1" rake front to rear.

Luis

CoreySinger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ecodiesel
You could also try just cutting the inch or so spacer off the metal cup. Weld that back to the frame mount. You'd gain an inch of travel.

Riding on the bumpstops is rough as heck. There needs to be some free suspension travel.

The airlift bags do help aswell. Set and forget til you need to haul something. If funds allow, get the Wireless 1 and run it from the phone app. Sweet stuff.

H1Chester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hey guys, me and a neighbor started putting my 965SP kit on tonight, and we've run into a roadblock with the rear shocks.

What did you use to take the upper nut off the back of the shock? Will a stubby wrench fit up there? I've seen a couple videos where a guy cut a monkey wrench short to get it in there to take the bolt out.

Thanks!

LuisJr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I used a crow foot to hold it. But I think others use a stubby or chopped down wrench.

Srt-cummins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys, me and a neighbor started putting my 965SP kit on tonight, and we've run into a roadblock with the rear shocks.

What did you use to take the upper nut off the back of the shock? Will a stubby wrench fit up there? I've seen a couple videos where a guy cut a monkey wrench short to get it in there to take the bolt out.

Thanks!

I’ve seen multiple responses to this but they all revolve around either cutting a wrench down to fit in there or using a crows foot to hold it. When I did mine my lil brother managed to get a small pair of vice grips to grab it and hold and then we just used them to hold it to retighten. The passenger side was easier to get to because of no fuel tank/filler but we managed to make it work on both sides..

H1Chester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Thanks guys, my other question (rhetorical) is, how does the dealer get it off!? Same way?

6speed4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On my ‘14 and ‘16 I used a very shallow socket and a swivel extension with a ratchet, worked better than the chopped wrench

H1Chester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
When you guys did the front springs and shocks, did you have any issues or run into any problems? Did you need a spring compressor?

vwbob16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
just pull the plastic inner fender wells out Its not hard at all It will give you full access to the upper shock bolt

Srt-cummins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When you guys did the front springs and shocks, did you have any issues or run into any problems? Did you need a spring compressor?

No I just unbolted the upper ball joint, let the spindle swing out of the way and pushed the lower control arm down put I’d the way. It’s kinda hard but just stand up and push it with your foot and it will move enough to get the spring out. Once the original spring is out the new one goes in no problem. This is all after you remove the shock obviously...

JimmieRT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

What did you use to take the upper nut off the back of the shock? Will a stubby wrench fit up there? I've seen a couplem videos where a guy cut a monkey wrench short to get it in there to take the bolt out.

Thanks!
I actually took the inner fender out of mine when I did my shocks a little extra work but a lot easier to get to the upper bolt

JimmieRT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m a bit lost on what is going on in the rear but I did the same exact drop on mine and it sits level but I did notice one thing on that one of my retainer cups on the rear was missing not sure If that is the case with yours but If both were missing because they just simply fall out and you might not have even known that they were supposed to be there and that definitely would have made it a little lower in the rear

3358CF0B-54E6-455D-B5A3-DAD73C1D4DEA.jpeg

JimmieRT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m a bit lost on what is going on in the rear but I did the same exact drop on mine and it sits level but I did notice one thing on that one of my retainer cups on the rear was missing not sure If that is the case with yours but If both were missing because they just simply fall out and you might not have even known that they were supposed to be there and that definitely would have made it a little lower in the rear

View attachment 172613
I’m really curious to see what you did and how it looks after you get it level

OP
OP
dracman

dracman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 black out edition
Engine
hemi 5.7
well been talking to bt and they think theres 2 dead coils.lol they know better then me so she said they tested two before they shiped em out nc.

ok thinking going to get bt shocks anyone know whats better .thanks dave will update soon