Belltech 2/4 drop rubbing??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Posjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
what front shocks did you use, the SP shocks that came in the kit?

I'm using the qa1 shocks recommended on the sticky for lowered .

I went ahead and got the Viking shocks along with front and rear sway bars.

OP
OP
1SloRam

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm using the qa1 shocks recommended on the sticky for lowered .

I went ahead and got the Viking shocks along with front and rear sway bars.
Did you have a rear sway bar already?

gbark80

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm riding around on cut BellTechs and noticed that I do have a small rub where my fronts rub the sway bar at full lock. Stock 20s on 275/55-20.

OP
OP
1SloRam

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm riding around on cut BellTechs and noticed that I do have a small rub where my fronts rub the sway bar at full lock. Stock 20s on 275/55-20.
That’s issue I’m having. Didn’t get a chance to fix it. My cam crapped out. So that’s taking precedent.

gbark80

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That’s issue I’m having. Didn’t get a chance to fix it. My cam crapped out. So that’s taking precedent.
Not 100% sure, but I'm pretty sure switching to the F150 end links on the sway bar will help. If only I didn't have to pay my ex wife so much in alimony I would give it a shot, but probably gonna have to wait until June to find out.

OP
OP
1SloRam

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I may give it a try, heard a lot of good things about the swap. Good luck with that man, gotta be rough.

gbark80

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I may give it a try, heard a lot of good things about the swap. Good luck with that man, gotta be rough.
So I ended up ordering a set off Amazon, they weren't the MOOG K80337, but super solid construction and came with urethane bushings. Installed them yesterday after work. The stock ones were a pain to get off cuz of how the bottom is recessed up into the control arm and the thru socket set I have wasn't deep enough to get on the nut and to keep the whole thing from spinning the end of the threads have a hex shape for holding it but couldn't get anything on it with regular socket. The links did bring the sway bar back to almost parallel to the ground so happy with that.

I haven't done any "spirited" driving yet, but just the little bit of around town driving feels like there is less tension in the front end if that makes sense.

OP
OP
1SloRam

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I ended up ordering a set off Amazon, they weren't the MOOG K80337, but super solid construction and came with urethane bushings. Installed them yesterday after work. The stock ones were a pain to get off cuz of how the bottom is recessed up into the control arm and the thru socket set I have wasn't deep enough to get on the nut and to keep the whole thing from spinning the end of the threads have a hex shape for holding it but couldn't get anything on it with regular socket. The links did bring the sway bar back to almost parallel to the ground so happy with that.

I haven't done any "spirited" driving yet, but just the little bit of around town driving feels like there is less tension in the front end if that makes sense.
Wonder should I go ahead and do this while I have the IHC front arms off??

gbark80

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wonder should I go ahead and do this while I have the IHC front arms off??
I imagine if you have the IHC lower arms, it shouldn't be much of an issue to get the stock links off.

OP
OP
1SloRam

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I imagine if you have the IHC lower arms, it shouldn't be much of an issue to get the stock links off.
I haven’t really examined them, they’re sitting in my shop. Long list of mods waiting.

Posjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I haven’t really examined them, they’re sitting in my shop. Long list of mods waiting.

Take a look at the sway bar end link mounts before you install. Mine came with a oversized hole. I would say about 1/4 bigger than the end end link bolt. At first It was knocking and bolt was backing off. Second time I added washers same thing happen. Today I welded the washer to the arm. I hope this is it. I'm also using the f150 end links.

Posjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I spent the last 3 weeks playing with my ihc 5/7 drop. Today removed the bumpstops and the ram bottomed out bad on the freeway. Front crossmember touched asphalt on a big deep on freeway. So those are back on and instead I cut the first ring off. Viking shocks 10/14 setting. I'm not enjoying these suspension tuning adventure. It's very difficult to adjust the shocks with the ihc arms.

OP
OP
1SloRam

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I spent the last 3 weeks playing with my ihc 5/7 drop. Today removed the bumpstops and the ram bottomed out bad on the freeway. Front crossmember touched asphalt on a big deep on freeway. So those are back on and instead I cut the first ring off. Viking shocks 10/14 setting. I'm not enjoying these suspension tuning adventure. It's very difficult to adjust the shocks with the ihc arms.
That sounds like a nightmare. I only ever bottomed once, you making me not wanna go lower.

ShortRAM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
That sounds like a nightmare. I only ever bottomed once, you making me not wanna go lower.

I see that you are from Mississippi. You have the ultimate test for lowered vehicles in Jackson. Just drive I-20 from Clinton to the 49 South exit at the posted speed limit. If you have no problems with that, you are golden. I drove a slammed Chevy Astro thu that stretch of hiway and ground the bottom loops off of BOTH front shocks. I guess we have to be prepared for a little grief if we want to look good.

OP
OP
1SloRam

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Deleted.

OP
OP
1SloRam

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I see that you are from Mississippi. You have the ultimate test for lowered vehicles in Jackson. Just drive I-20 from Clinton to the 49 South exit at the posted speed limit. If you have no problems with that, you are golden. I drove a slammed Chevy Astro thu that stretch of hiway and ground the bottom loops off of BOTH front shocks. I guess we have to be prepared for a little grief if we want to look good.
I drove through there the day after my 2/4 was installed and only thing I lost was a wheel weight from my new tire set up lmao. My small town roads suck just as bad so my DD route is a good test. And slammed Astro van?!?!? Can you say ******* wagon lol.

MCMLXIX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI R/T

What springs are you running? Modified/Cut Springs?

Patterson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 litre
Anyone had issues after installing 2/4 kit? My front tires rub when turning full lock right and left. Not every time, but 7/10. Usually at low speeds. Sport wheels 275/55r20. No rubs before front part of kit was installed, reputable shop did it, but curious if anyone’s had these issues.
Truck is ‘13 RCSB 2WD Express.