Belltech 2/4 into 4/6 rear end bottoms out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nopo2491

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have the belltech kit 2/4 which i cut springs on to get to a 4/6” problem is im literally riding on bump stops in the rear so truck has no clearance whatsoever between rear axle and bump stop, will completely cutting off the bump stop cup and leaving rear end with no bump stops correct this issue? Or do i need to go with a inez rear bracket kit??

Ramcharger60

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 crew cab sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You will need both. If you just cut the bump stops out you will be hitting the upper control arms on the frame

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've got a belltech 2/4 with the illicit customs bracket and airlift 1000 bags, I cut my bumpstop cups off completely. I also put switched the 4 inch regular cab springs out for the ones for a a quad cab. It's an extra coil.

hdoggie24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I've got a belltech 2/4 with the illicit customs bracket and airlift 1000 bags, I cut my bumpstop cups off completely. I also put switched the 4 inch regular cab springs out for the ones for a a quad cab. It's an extra coil.

Are you saying the quad cab rear springs sit lower than the regular cab springs? If so, when you swapped to the quad springs how much did it lower you compared to the regular cab springs? couldn't we just cut a spring off the regular cab springs to achieve the same? Just curious. I have 4 in reg cab springs and wanting to go another 1/2-1" lower in the rear

MCMLXIX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI R/T
Are you saying the quad cab rear springs sit lower than the regular cab springs? If so, when you swapped to the quad springs how much did it lower you compared to the regular cab springs? couldn't we just cut a spring off the regular cab springs to achieve the same? Just curious. I have 4 in reg cab springs and wanting to go another 1/2-1" lower in the rear

I think he is saying that since the quad cab is heavier, it gets an extra coil to achieve the same lowering drop of 4 inches... so when you cut it to get a 5-6 inch drop for the regular cab it helps it from bottoming it out (as much)

I had this same theory...

hdoggie24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I think he is saying that since the quad cab is heavier, it gets an extra coil to achieve the same lowering drop of 4 inches... so when you cut it to get a 5-6 inch drop for the regular cab it helps it from bottoming it out (as much)

I had this same theory...
I gotcha. I only plan to cut 1 coil off my regular cab springs so I think I'll be fine. Just trying to get closer to a 5"drop. Is I was going more than 5 I'd consider another option

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The quad cab springs are a coil longer, raised the rear a 1/2-3/4 inch. Helped with the bottoming out for me.

drprymer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Cut the brackets completely off it will help a little

OP
OP
N

nopo2491

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Yea i just cut them off completely today but like another member on here stated now i can really feel the upper control arms with the frame, so im guessing now for sure in gotta go with a IHC bracket kit????

Walker345

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes and get the cut kit. The no cut kit will still bottom out in the same spot. Might as well get the control arms while your at it. Honestly you might as well get the whole Inez kit. I'll be honest here I was expecting more from my inez kit. However it's the best kit available for us. Wish I would have bought it first and saved the time money and headaches.