Best Bed Cover/ Waterproof

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Juniorss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I currently have a Tonno Pro Lo Roll which is a soft vinyl that rolls up and lets you use the complete bed. I got it cheap when I originally leased my truck, but now that I bought it, I am looking for something that is slightly better quality wise/water proof. I like the idea of the vinyl roll up since when it's rolled up, it takes away almost none of the bed space. However it does leak water into the bed when it rains. Let me know what you guys use for bed covers that are completely waterproof and high quality.

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I currently have a Tonno Pro Lo Roll which is a soft vinyl that rolls up and lets you use the complete bed. I got it cheap when I originally leased my truck, but now that I bought it, I am looking for something that is slightly better quality wise/water proof. I like the idea of the vinyl roll up since when it's rolled up, it takes away almost none of the bed space. However it does leak water into the bed when it rains. Let me know what you guys use for bed covers that are completely waterproof and high quality.
I've had the TruXedo TruXport soft roll up cover for about a year and no problems with water getting in at all.

Greg
2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The ones that are actually "waterproof" are the fiberglass tonneau covers, but if you use your bed for hauling stuff they would not be a good choice for you.
Jay

16Ram4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a Extang Trifecta E-Max that I have had for two years. This cover has an aluminum frame with soft cover and will fold out of the way for full bed use. Or you can remove it without tools if you need it out of the way. Installation time about 15 to 30 minutes to mount brackets on side rails of the truck bed.
I purchased it fromTonneauCoversWorld.com
with free shipping.
This is my second Extang cover as I had one on my 01 Dakota 4x4. I sold it to a coworker for his Dakota after I traded mine in for my 16 Ram CC 4x4. It's still looks great and works great for him

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
My cover does a pretty good job of keeping things dry, but water and dust still get in via the tailgate and around the tie down rings. I have a rollnlock.

OEDRO

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah, Pull Ya is right, The ones that are actually "waterproof" are the fiberglass tonneau covers,
If you use your bed for hauling stuff, you can have a try of OEDRO soft tonneau cover.

fivestar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Ive got a trifold Tyger cover on mine. While not 100% waterproof, its darn near. The only time water gets in is during a large downpour, and its only at the front of the bed. Never enough to soak anything though.....just a little bit running down at the very front. I went to TN last year hauling a bike in my trailer and had my luggage in the bed.....I even wrapped everything in garbage bags to add another layer of protection. Got into some horrible storms in WV, both ways, but not once did anything get wet. I would never put a hard cover on mine as I like the flexibility that the trifold offers. I couldn't be happier with my purchase.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Juniorss

Juniorss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the input guys. I know most aren't 100% waterproof so I take back saying the word waterproof. The current cover I have leaks quite a bit up front, enough that the water sat under my bed rug and lifted my spray in bed liner in one little spot. Maybe I will try a trifold.

17CrewCab1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My wife bought be a tri-fold cover from Rough Country. Not sure who actually makes it, but it is not a 'flush' type, it does sit on the rails. It's been water tight for me and I love it.

William Hastings

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ive got a trifold Tyger cover on mine. While not 100% waterproof, its darn near. The only time water gets in is during a large downpour, and its only at the front of the bed. Never enough to soak anything though.....just a little bit running down at the very front. I went to TN last year hauling a bike in my trailer and had my luggage in the bed.....I even wrapped everything in garbage bags to add another layer of protection. Got into some horrible storms in WV, both ways, but not once did anything get wet. I would never put a hard cover on mine as I like the flexibility that the trifold offers. I couldn't be happier with my purchase.

Same cover, its awesome and pretty inexpensive. I only get some small drips after hitting an auto carwash. Cant beat this cover for the $$

fowl_life20

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a trifold from rough country and no leaks no nothing. I've had it for almost a year and a half. Goes through the car wash fine. Drove to Maine with it and no issues. Just gotta take the time to get everything lined up and it will do great for 249 bucks.

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
full

The MOPAR trifold works pretty well too. I made a deal to get mine with the truck but have been very happy with it so far.

Also gives you some security for anything you may have in the box over a vinyl cover.

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Laramie Sport 4WD
Engine
On my 2nd retrax from the 2104 Ram to the 2019 ram they are EXCELLENT !! You can get powered lexan and power Aluminium or non powered in both.

kkreit01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Where are your waters leaks at? If it's at the rear, it may not be the Tonneau. A tailgate seal will help for leaks around the tailgate.

fivestar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Where are your waters leaks at? If it's at the rear, it may not be the Tonneau. A tailgate seal will help for leaks around the tailgate.
At the front of the bed, by the cab. Not even enough to puddle the water....I can just see a few drips running down.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Has anyone tried/used the OEDRO tonneau covers or any of their other products?
I’m thinking about it. $179 ain’t a bad price for a 6.5 bed LLW ta boot not bad. 5 stars on 8 reviews?

I love my truck!
Blue Mule 18 Ram 4x4 C/C
Tradesman Power Wagon

Southpaw759

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just ordered a truxedo lo pro should be in today, gonna put it on this weekend. I can let you know how it goes.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
It rained all night so here's how dry my rollnlock keeps things.looks like I have to add some weatherstrip or make an adjustment on the weatherstrip on the front right, but not bad.15555271340183412638944008592891.jpg 15555271695157225872122591854088.jpg