Best Brake Rotors and Pads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darthdzl

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Tradesman RCSB
Engine
V6
What does any of this crap posts above have to do with the Ram?

Slow down there, crankypants. The discussion of brakes led to talking about what's necessary for street use & hauling versus the elite type of brakes needed for autocrossing, which led to a post or two about trucks (including Rams) autocrossing, which led to the sarcastic comment about autocrossing with a motorhome.

Total "off topic" asides: maybe 3 posts at most.

Chill...you'll enjoy life more.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Didn't say nobody used trucks. I knew a one guy with a with Dakota rt and another with a lighting that auto crossed. It was cool no doubt, but for me I rather have a car. Ever been in MR-2? Funniest time of my life.

That would make a good X car. I knew a guy that raced for Ducati, he built a turbo's MR-2. that thing was a rocket on rails.

I used to do use my 1967 mustang with air susp in the rear and TCP coil over in the front.... it was still a slug and hard to keep straight. the R/T actually handles better and hooks up better than the old pony.

Nova John

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Got 88,000 on original front pads. Bought Wagner oex pads and they work great. Original pads were good but had brake dust and crap in the slot for cooling. Have Power stop rotors and ceramic pads on my Malibu and only got 20,000 miles before rotors warped and pad were worm. Got set under warranty and they lasted about the same mileage. They are fine if you cut rotors just enough to clean them up. Have 102,000 on original back brakes. Both front and back rotors are still good and no vibration at all. My Ram is a 2011. My sons 2016 has 70,000 and has bone fronts twice and rears once. Guess it depend how you drive. I have about 20 quarter mile passes on mine and have no brake fade with Wagner oex pads.

Toolman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
IMO the stock brakes are horrible.

EBC is very good but a little pricey. I decided to try Powerstop because of the price and am running their drilled/slotted rotors and pads with great results. My truck stops on a freaking dime now and it has no problem stopping my trailer either.

How many miles have you had the Powerstops? Their prices seem almost too good to be true.