Best leather cleaners?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crazygrady1948

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I Have a 2014 Laramie with the tan leather interior. Does anyone have a favorite leather cleaner that you use or could recommend. The interior is still in great shape but the seats are getting a little worn looking. Not damaged, but for want a better word lets say dirty.
Thanks for your reply.

Mike R

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Zaino for me as well. Try to clean the seats every
Three months and condition them monthly. Keeps from drying out and inevitable cracks. Been using the combo
for years and still quite pleased. A little goes a long way.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
If it's greasy/grimey in general spot try scrubbing bubbles foaming bathroom cleaner. You'd be surprised how well it works. Follow up with a damp cloth and condition after. Not for every day use, but if it's bad it works well. I've had panels and seats in trucks nothing would clean off and this stuff cleaned it off with ease.20200518_104510.jpg

NJ4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Zaino for me too. I've been using it on my Katzkin seats for years...and smells great too!

kkreit01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For something OTC, I was really impressed with Mothers VLR. Another good cleaner is Surf City Dash Away. I've used it in the past, to remove blue ink pen from white leather.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I also just tried Mothers VLR and was very impressed. It's my go-to now.

Villalobos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
I use woolite as a gentle cleaner, then follow up with lexol or vlr. If you’ve ever had quality leather shoes, coat or furniture, you know they require care to last. Some don’t treat their car upholstery that way. Leather needs cleaned conditioned to remain supple and not get dried or cracked. Gentle cleaner and good conditioner. If you use the scrubbing bubbles make sure it’s not the one with bleach!!

Ziggy2

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I use Zaino too. It actually smells like new car as well when you're done.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I used the Chemical Guys Leather Cleaner combined with their Horsehair leather cleaning brush, and then i finished it off with the Chemical Guys Leather Conditoner.

Here is a couple pics of a set of black leather rear seats i just cleaned up yesterday to post up for sale.

IMG_1867.JPG IMG_1869.JPG IMG_1871.JPG IMG_1878.JPG

JeffN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I use Leatherique. Hand applied, massage it into the leather and let it sit. It’s a bit counterintuitive, first apply the rejuvenator product and then come back an hour later to apply the cleaner product. The logic is that the rejuvenator softens the leather and this allows the cleaner to do its work of pulling out the contaminants from the leather. I did a lot of research and this consistently came up as the product of choice for restorers of vintage cars.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeyoliver45