Best Mods for Under $100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Its kind of just pressed on. I used a set of vice grips on the antenna mast in a section that was being cut off, then a regular set of pliers to grab hold of the ball. Scuffed the ball up a little, but it came off with a few twists. Biggest issue is getting it back on after cutting mast. The end of mast is a perfect circle there the rest of the mast has that small spline section that twists around it. Filed the cut tip down a little so that the ball would press on.
Thanks!

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I used black heat shrink tube, not tape. Got a 2' piece at the local electronics store for about #3. I also have XM and don't listen to standard radio very much.
Did you take the ball off or did the shrink you got fit over and shrink down enough? Do you happen to remember the size?

RAM DRVR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Did you take the ball off or did the shrink you got fit over and shrink down enough? Do you happen to remember the size?

I took the ball off and super glued it to the shortened antenna. I don't remember the size of the shrink tube though. Maybe 3/16th or 1/4.

Itsme71190

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i know this isnt the place to put this but thought it was appropriete because its talked about alot. anyone have problems with the deezee tailgate assist? noticed this morning mine was broke at the bottom where it attaaches to the tailgate.

TatertotScott

The man, the myth, the legend, the one and only!
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
A really good phone mount. I like Scosche
My favorite has been the iOttie Wireless charging with the uber gooey suction cup mount.

Stuk to the smooth plastic just left of the upper notch cubby above the uConnect screen, it is solid, never shakes or vibrates, always visible, and charges my Qi enabled phones (we have Samsungs, but there are many out there). It also is one hand operated, just set phone up there and it snaps closed automatically.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
i know this isnt the place to put this but thought it was appropriete because its talked about alot. anyone have problems with the deezee tailgate assist? noticed this morning mine was broke at the bottom where it attaaches to the tailgate.

A few have seen similar issues. Like any other product, things happen. DZ has an excellent warranty. If you contact them they should take care of it.

-K

8AnchorsFarm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummings
My favorite has been the iOttie Wireless charging with the uber gooey suction cup mount.

Stuk to the smooth plastic just left of the upper notch cubby above the uConnect screen, it is solid, never shakes or vibrates, always visible, and charges my Qi enabled phones (we have Samsungs, but there are many out there). It also is one hand operated, just set phone up there and it snaps closed automatically.

Does it work with the Apple play feature too?

TatertotScott

The man, the myth, the legend, the one and only!
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It is just a Qi wireless charging mount. I don't have a crapple device, so not sure about that feature....is that a wireless feature? I am fairly certain the Android version is a wired function...

Barry70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Where u put washer under the mounting bolts of the seat frame. When raised up it makes it able to clear the rear hangers so top seat can fold down when u lift bottom seat up.
Could I see a picture how this is done

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Could I see a picture how this is done

make a stack out of the washers, roughly 1/2 inch high.
wrap that stack in black tape or soem such to keep them together whiel you move them about in position
place the 1.2 inch stack of washers udnerneath each mounting plate for the seat, run the bolts thru the hole, thru the stacvk into the threads mounted to teh truck.
now, when the seat bottom is lifted to its highest point, the hooks on the back of teh seat will clear the seat back retaining loops.
easy peasy.

llink tp pics here
https://www.ramforum.com/threads/qu...ding-back-seat-mod.121085/page-2#post-1769526

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
The under-hood light kit IMO is worth it 30/50$ and my under-seat LEDs in my Quad Cab about 15$ for Led;s and plugs. BUT now I know they work I will be upgrading my Led's IMG_0232.jpg