Best Muffler??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbpower

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just bought a 2012 Ram 1500 crew cab with the 5.7 Hemi and was wondering which muffler would be best to put on. I was thinking about the flowmaster 50 series SUV but didn't know how loud it would be at highway (65-85mph) speeds. Not looking for anything to loud. Just that nice low blup when idling, turn a few heads when you put the pedal down, but still have a very quite cab at highway speeds. Thanks

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
"best" muffler is going to be very subjective.\

probably the best thing you can do is listen to sound clips and from there decide what you like. at the top of this section there is a stickied thread with sound clips....check it out

OP
OP
K

kbpower

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
where is the stickied thread with sound clips?

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
yea there really isnt a "best" muffler, get the one that you like and how it sounds beacuse they all do about the same

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
agree with Butch, mostly personal preference...I love the Flowmaster, had the 50 series on my Yukon, loved it. Nice rumble, not loud.

TXKID

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On my 2010 I had a Corsa DB exhaust, just the pipes not the cat back, and being young I wanted it really loud and annoying, but when I got it installed I was kinda weary about it. After a while though, it really grew on my and when I got on the gas it sounded like it was a diesel engine, not overly loud but very good quality.

TXKID

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On the last post I meant no headers, not the cat back sorry!

h20man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My Magnaflow 14" sounds great. I had a Borla on my 09' that had a pretty loud drone when the MDS kicked in, the Magnaflow doesn't have that problem.