Best Oil and oil filter for ram 1500 Slt 5.7 Hemi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramsare4real

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Honestly you may have to try a few combos to figure out what works best for your truck.
Honestly, I wonder what instrumentation the OP would use to figure that out. Especially when you consider the original question.

JHoward

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Liter
Now hey .....I've heard great things about *this* system, for the ultimate filtration. The upside is it saves that annoying trip to the parts store when you could be drinking beer on a Sat morning. The downside is you might get chased with a roller pin when your significant other discovers you used up the last roll ;). Give it a shot and let us know how it 'goes':

View attachment 507158

... $299.95 ... well, why don't you give it a try and report back the results? Maybe all of us in these oil/oil filter threads might be missing something simple here? jk ...

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Now hey .....I've heard great things about *this* system, for the ultimate filtration. The upside is it saves that annoying trip to the parts store when you could be drinking beer on a Sat morning. The downside is you might get chased with a roller pin when your significant other discovers you used up the last roll ;). Give it a shot and let us know how it 'goes':

View attachment 507158

These have been around for many, many years, I have seen Frantz by pass systems used on on older CTD & other diesel engines instead of a using higher cost by pass filter systems, owners who have them seem to be very happy the system. If they work on a diesel so see no reason they would not work on the Hemi just remember you will need to add extra oil (about 1 qt) once system is up and running...

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
These have been around for many, many years, I have seen Frantz by pass systems used on on older CTD & other diesel engines instead of a using higher cost by pass filter systems, owners who have them seem to be very happy the system. If they work on a diesel so see no reason they would not work on the Hemi just remember you will need to add extra oil (about 1 qt) once system is up and running...

I sort of threw that tp out there in ...jest. He he.... :)

Maniac

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Why is platinum ultra double(some places triple) the price of platinum? Can’t be that big of a difference. Is it?