Best site to order pre-painted rear bumper?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I got rear ended about a year ago and it wasn’t too bad, dudes Mercedes was totaled but my back bumper only had a few marks in the center, the hitch took the brunt of the hit. Anyways, I backed up into a concrete light pool base about a month ago (didn’t know it had a base and was only going 1-2mph) and heard a light crunch. Anyways it scarred my bumper down to the metal and now it’s really an eye sore and I want to replace the bumper ASAP.

There is no point to repair the bumper as it has marks all over now, so I wanted to order just a bare bumper with no plastics or license plate lights or anything I can transfer my current stuff over to the new one, just need the bare metal bumper painted in PR4 Flame Red.

I’ve seen brand new ones already painted whatever color you want, on eBay for $286 that actually come with all the bumper accessory’s included which I guess is nice for that price but I wonder the quality of paint for that price.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/351686736665

Anyone have any experience with these pre-painted bumpers on eBay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Here’s some pics of the damage from the concrete light pole base.

d3e560de072cb7de29ebc0aad48a322c.jpg2d7eaef49ef686ad0477e424ffd8ea88.jpg

The dent below the scrape was from some idiot rear ending me as I was backing out of a parking spot, and he was doing 30+mph in a parking lot [emoji849] go figure. Anyways... my back bumper is beat to death lol time for a new one.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Here’s some pics of the damage from the concrete light pole base.

d3e560de072cb7de29ebc0aad48a322c.jpg2d7eaef49ef686ad0477e424ffd8ea88.jpg

The dent below the scrape was from some idiot rear ending me as I was backing out of a parking spot, and he was doing 30+mph in a parking lot [emoji849] go figure. Anyways... my back bumper is beat to death lol time for a new one.

For 286 bucks painted,it's probably worth buying. Even if you have to re-paint it in 5 years,you're probably still ahead of the game.Besides with your luck,you might be needing another new one before then,just razzing ya Onsale,lol

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
For 286 bucks painted,it's probably worth buying. Even if you have to re-paint it in 5 years,you're probably still ahead of the game.Besides with your luck,you might be needing another new one before then,just razzing ya Onsale,lol

Lmao my truck is in mint condition, except for the back bumper. I’ve been hit 3 times there and then I backed into the pole. All 3 times I was completely stopped and someone hit me, which sucks because I take such good care of my stuff, especially my truck, and other people’s stupidity destroys my nice things.

But I’m leaning towards ordering one, I guess if it looks like **** I’ll just file a complaint with eBay and PayPal and demand a return and get my money back.

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
they've got a lot of fine print and a restocking fee on refunds...just so you know what you are getting into:)

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
they've got a lot of fine print and a restocking fee on refunds...just so you know what you are getting into:)

Well with Ebays policy and PayPal protection, if I get a bumper that doesn’t fit or the paint is just flat out ****, I’ll fight for 100% of my money back, starting with disputing the PayPal charges if the seller refuses a full refund. Of course this is if the paint is just noticeably horrible or the bumper is a horrible fit.

Thanks for the heads up though.

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
i bought what was supposed to be a japanese stratocaster off ebay years ago. highly valued by strat players. when i got it, it was a japanese strat neck with an american body. and the pickguard was burnt underneath. (not noticeable on top but clearly they burnt it with a soldering iron doing some work building it). By the policy i should have been able to get all my money back. not a cent:) i always keep in mind now that paypal favours the seller, especially super sellers, far more than the buyer.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'd be a little suspect at that price for a pre-painted bumper but if it lasts for a couple years you'll probably be money ahead. My painter would sure charge more than that but I know and trust his work.
Jay

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought one off of eBay 7-8 years ago(a painted bumper cover for a 2008 Impala) and the first one I received was pretty ******(fisheye and trash city) I sent it back on their dime, didn't have to pack it back up or anything, I just handed it back off to the post office in the rag that it came wrapped in and they sent me another one back out that was actually pretty decent. I think it cost me around $400. If you file a complaint thru the eBay resolution system you should get your money back or a replacement item that you are satisfied with 100% of the time. If not all you need to do is call them and talk to a real person and it will be taken care of.

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I bought one off of eBay 7-8 years ago(a painted bumper cover for a 2008 Impala) and the first one I received was pretty ******(fisheye and trash city) I sent it back on their dime, didn't have to pack it back up or anything, I just handed it back off to the post office in the rag that it came wrapped in and they sent me another one back out that was actually pretty decent. I think it cost me around $400. If you file a complaint thru the eBay resolution system you should get your money back or a replacement item that you are satisfied with 100% of the time. If not all you need to do is call them and talk to a real person and it will be taken care of.

Yea I order almost all of my truck parts off eBay because it’s usually $50-$300 cheaper (depending on the part, brand and original cost). I’ve never once had a single issue with fake parts, broken parts, bad stuff, etc.

What’s crazy is back in 2003 when eBay was still sorta fresh in the scene, I bought a $2,400 race ready Yamaha Banshee that was 2yrs old and had $1,000’s in parts, sight unseen, all I saw was pictures in the ad. Dude delivered it on a trailer and everything, it was exactly as pictured and was a killer deal.

Then also in 2004 I bought a 1989 Nissan 240sx, bone stock, 5spd, hatchback, no rust, didn’t run. Seller said it wouldn’t start but cranked. I won that auction for $650 and drove the 45 minutes away to where it was. After 2 minutes and a voltmeter I figured out the problem, bad fuel pump. I went to some random U-Pull-It junkyard and pulled a fuel pump from a smashed 240sx for $5 and threw it in. I beat the ever living **** out of that car for 3 drift seasons and put it through hell, and it was in mint condition when I bought it aside from the fuel pump not working.

I’ve had nothing but 100% positive experiences with EBay and I would buy almost anything off of there with the exception of a house or a supercar because both of those are things you need to see in person before buying because of the amount of money I’d be spending.

HiddenFly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you ever order this? Curious how the paint came out.

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Did you ever order this? Curious how the paint came out.

Lol well... funny story... I’ve spent close to $4k in mods within the past 30 days or less, but I didn’t not order a new front or rear bumper as both are lightly damaged on my truck [emoji23] but they are the next on the list to order but probably won’t order them until end of the month or first week of September.

I’ll be sure to come back and let you know the quality.

HiddenFly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lol well... funny story... I’ve spent close to $4k in mods within the past 30 days or less, but I didn’t not order a new front or rear bumper as both are lightly damaged on my truck [emoji23] but they are the next on the list to order but probably won’t order them until end of the month or first week of September.

Haha yeah I’d love to know. I have the chrome rear bumper now and may have had a small tree jump behind me while I was backing up.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

Check your local Craigslist or Facebook marketplace first. Lots of new takeoffs sold there.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Check your local Craigslist or Facebook marketplace first. Lots of new takeoffs sold there.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

The chances of me finding a 09-12 1 piece sport bumpers with fog lights without parking sensors and also painted in flame red, is extremely low possibility lol. I’ve been looking though.

TeePea

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 wanted
Engine
Add me to the list of the damaged rear bumper dilemma. Just curious what you/everyone ended up doing? I backed into a post recently. To experiment, I was going to take if off this wknd, maybe try and pound out the damage knowing it still won't look decent and see how hard it is to remove the plastic trim. One question I can't find an answer to is, how difficult is it to transfer all the plastic step trim/sensors from the damaged one to the new one assuming you just buy the bumper only? I'm confident I can switch out the whole bumper/assembly, but plastic trim pieces don't always go back on exact and/or straight. TIAPXL_20230228_190623609.jpg