Best spray on wax?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moe S

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Getting ready to wash and wax my brand new RAM. Looking for the best protective spray on wax.
Thanks!!

RedneckHippy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 3500 Tradesman
Engine
6.4 Hemi w/ MDS
I used the maguiars hybrid ceramic, I’m really liking the stuff mainly due to it taking barely any effort to apply and the water just beads up and runs off now in our Pacific Northwest rain.

2016Bighorny

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Detailer, P&S Beadmaker, Zaino Z6 & Z8, Turtle Wax Seal N Shine, Mequiars Ultimate Quick Wax, Blackfire, Wolfgang, Pinnacle... there are a TON of options out there. I have used all of the products I have listed, and really like all of them. I suggest heading over to autogeek.net and take a look at their selection of spray on wax, and preferably, the spray on sealants!

OP
OP
M

Moe S

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Thank you! Anyone use Shine Armor?

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
If I just want water to bead off I go to the car wash and set the wand wash on wax and for a couple bucks its done and since the wand wash has hot water for the wax it applies better. Wax does not last long. I put on 2 coats of sealant (jet seal in my case) and that lasts a lot longer and really doesn't take much effort once the truck is clean and dry. Using a clay bar to get contaminants out of the paint first is suggested and what I do. You can apply wax over the sealant to add shine once cured if you like.

rotts4u

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 e torque
Thank you! Anyone use Shine Armor?

All of those products like that are just junk. Use anything mentioned above. They are all great products and are from reputable companies not some internet fly by night deal. Please don't fall prey to those internet hype ads with the guys with a huge beard and way too many hand gestures.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
All of those products like that are just junk. Use anything mentioned above. They are all great products and are from reputable companies not some internet fly by night deal. Please don't fall prey to those internet hype ads with the guys with a huge beard and way too many hand gestures.
Lol. Don't forget the guys with big hands and coke problems.

busa2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If I just want water to bead off I go to the car wash and set the wand wash on wax and for a couple bucks its done and since the wand wash has hot water for the wax it applies better. Wax does not last long. I put on 2 coats of sealant (jet seal in my case) and that lasts a lot longer and really doesn't take much effort once the truck is clean and dry. Using a clay bar to get contaminants out of the paint first is suggested and what I do. You can apply wax over the sealant to add shine once cured if you like.

Okedokeee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BadHemi2014

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
We recently tried Turtlewax Ice spray on and one from Lucas oil (which smells really nice). I was pleased with both of them, and they can be used on trim etc. I'm sure there's better, but these were locally available and reasonably priced.

busa2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We recently tried Turtlewax Ice spray on and one from Lucas oil (which smells really nice). I was pleased with both of them, and they can be used on trim etc. I'm sure there's better, but these were locally available and reasonably priced.

Hey f it gets the job done and your satisfied that’s what’s matter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Salty Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was just introduced to Nano Skin products but haven't used them yet and can't comment on their effectiveness. But, I do have the Auto-Scrub Nano Shock spray wax and sealant and Auto-Scrub fine grade sponge for my next detail. This product is said to take the place of a clay bar, and a sealant. I have friends that have used this product and say they won't use a clay bar again after using this one. They did say that I need to make sure I use it liberally and not to be skimpy when spraying it on the truck. Again, still waiting to use it but thought I'd put that out there. I'll follow up with a post once I've used it. For car wash - I use chemical guys car wash products and their foam sprayer. Looks good, smells good, works good...is good??? Just my opinion...

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
best detailing product ever, a sponge...

After that, a paint cleaner sealant, even if you are going to wax, do it over something like zaio or kaio. All in ones with very low cleaning ability is the best thing for paint.

Rabbit929

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 ETorque Hemi
1. Wash truck with dish soap (strips waxes)
2. Clay bar (I use water bottle with 3 drops of dish soap to clay bar.)
3. Clean again
4. Apply Sealant of your choosing (if your paints already good and doesn’t need to be polished)
5. Nu-finish wax (cheap orange bottle)
6. Meguires hybrid ceramic wax for last coat, and maintenance coat.

I give at least a day after dealing before waxing, and about 3 hours between wax coats. That’s just my yearly routine, all cheap products because I never have any better luck with the expensive stuff.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Ive used alot, was stuck on the Mothers for awhile, then tried the Griots Garage 3-1 in one....now thats my new favorite!

upload_2020-6-24_10-49-10.png

Kirk Larson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just completed my first wash after two weeks driving the vehicle. I spent a few weeks before deciding on Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Wash and Wax, Ceramic Wet Wax, and finally two coats of ceramic spray coating.

Turtle Wax Ceramic Hybrid Solutions.jpg

Pictures after wash and Wax, drying with wet wax, and applying one spray coating. I applied a second spray coating the next day after first coat cured. The gloss on the vehicle was phenomenal. No streaking. I put it on the wheels and windows two. Every external surface of the vehicle. After Wash, Wet Wax, and 1 Spray Coating3.jpg After Wash, Wet Wax, and 1 Spray Coating.jpg After Wash, Wet Wax, and 1 Spray Coating2.jpg
In between the coatings a freak thunderstorm rolled thru the night after washing it, and it was torrential down pours all night over two inches of rain. The vehicle was covered in large sporadic beads of water with most water sheeted off the vehicle in the morning. The final photo is a side shot up close after the rain water evaporated. Not a single water spot on the vehicle to include the windows. Amazing gloss and reflection. It looked just as good as when I completed waxing it the day prior. Unbelievable. I applied the second coat after taking this photo and after multiple rain storms and driving in the rain three times this week the truck still looks great.
After 2 inch rain overnight.jpg

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^^ that looks great, might have to try this

KnurledNut

SemperFi
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm an advocate of the KISS principle. That being said...

Colonite sealer
100% caranuba

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990