Best way to repair Factory Bed liner Chips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rojo_143

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Fellow RAM owners got a quick question for you. My 18 RAM Sport has the factory spray in bed liner which I recently discovered is not very durable. After loading my dirt bikes into the bed of my truck I put my loading ramp into the bed, when I got to the track to unload them I noticed that the one of the bolt heads on my ramp chipped away the factory spray in liner. It left about a dime size spot of bare metal exposed. What would be the best way to remedy this to prevent water intrusion and rot from forming under the remaining bed? My first thought is to tape it of and spray it with something like raptor liner, but I am open to other solutions since it is such a small spot.

Thank Justin

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If it hasn't rained where water may have a found a way underneath the liner recently, Clean the area with a rag and a little acetone to remove any contaminants, then paint it with black Rustoleum then add the raptor liner.

Jendsley06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It should have the same warranty as the rest of the finish on the truck. May be worth a call to the dealer to ask. Worst they could say is to pound sand, then you proceed to attempt repairs. I also have the "factory" spray in on my 18. And have bad zero problems. I think I read somewhere that is a name brand application done after the truck leaves the factory. Just calls it out on the build sheet. Someone else on here might remember the details better. Good luck and keep in updated

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Warrenty is for rust holes not self inflicted wounds.