BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LoneStarSilver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well Monday started off pretty lousy!! As I always do, before leaving the house to drive to work, I always walk around the truck to check everything out and when I got to the passenger side rear tire I noticed a bulge sticking out about 3/4" that ran across the sidewall from tread to wheel. I knew I hadn't bumped against anything or anything that would cause such a sidewall situation. To say I was mad is an understatement. I left and drove to Discount Tire and once there they found a similar bump on the inside of the drivers side front tire. I have had Goodyear tires on other cars and had more problems with them, by far than any other brands. I asked them to replace them with BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 Tires. I have been reading customer reviews on several different tires in the same category and the BFG's had way more pros than cons. What I love about Discount Tire is that they gave me 75% of the value of the two good tires and will send the other two off to Goodyear and if they get credit will give me $50 each. I and my family have been using Discount Tire for over 15 years and have never had bad experience with them. They will always be my GOTO tire supplier. So my baby got an early Christmas present......a new pair of shoes. I really love the way they look and handle. Road noise is almost un-noticeable. I'm looking forward to taking them out into the hunting lease this weekend to fill feeders and give them a try off-road.

New Shoes.jpg

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They look good! You should be happy with them, my brother and several of my buddies run them. They all have zero complaints and would buy them again.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Good choice! I'm very happy with my KO2's and I totally agree on Discount Tire.

They are also my Go To tire store and I have been very well treated there.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hope ya continue to like your set for many more years to come, OP. I’m only 9 to 10 months and little over 12,000 miles into my set of OEM size KO/2’s on my 18 1500 and I’ll sure be glad to get them rough-ridin’ SOB’s off my truck this weekend. Hopefully the Michelin Defender LTX’s I ordered last night will give me my stock ride back and will show mercy on my paint job after getting back on the highway from driving a mile down my gravel road. After the first several miles of highway speeds, the pinging of loose flyin’ rocks ricocheting from out of my wheel wells finally quits. Lol.

Don’t get me wrong, they’re great tires but I just don’t use them and don’t go to the kind of places they were designed to be used in. That, and I really miss my ride quality that sold me on this Limited in the first place

That, and if I woulda paid better attention to what exactly I had with the stock Goodyear’s - and knew what I was stepping into with these 8-ply LT tires, I woulda passed up what I thought of them clearly only in the looks department.

Oh well, ya live and ya learn...[emoji41].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes LT's do ride a little rougher but I prefer that because I tow a travel trailer in the summer.

The AT's I put on sure perform better in the winter too.

If you want a soft Cadillac like ride you will have to stick with a P rated tire.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes LT's do ride a little rougher but I prefer that because I tow a travel trailer in the summer.

The AT's I put on sure perform better in the winter too.

If you want a soft Cadillac like ride you will have to stick with a P rated tire.

Not necessarily, those Cooper At/3’s I had on the old truck weren’t a P rated tire, and they rode just as good as the SRA’s they replaced that were.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I hear and read nothing but good things about those tires as well. Great reviews and great in the snow.
Actually, those are my next tire for sure, if I keep my truck.

OP
OP
LoneStarSilver

LoneStarSilver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My first Ram, a 2009, needed tires so I bought the Michelin’s and though they ran great and rode super smoothly, they were useless once I left the roadway, which I did about 50% of the time. If I bought the highest end Ram available, that for the most part was going to be a commuter vehicle, with possibly a little towing of a travel trailer, boat or such. My tires would definitely be Michelin’s!! I however need a tire that gives good pavement service and better off road service that will offer long tread life and most everything I have read about the KO2’s state that they do just that!! So I will definitely put them to the test!!

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My first Ram, a 2009, needed tires so I bought the Michelin’s and though they ran great and rode super smoothly, they were useless once I left the roadway, which I did about 50% of the time. If I bought the highest end Ram available, that for the most part was going to be a commuter vehicle, with possibly a little towing of a travel trailer, boat or such. My tires would definitely be Michelin’s!! I however need a tire that gives good pavement service and better off road service that will offer long tread life and most everything I have read about the KO2’s state that they do just that!! So I will definitely put them to the test!!

Those BFG’s oughta be good for what you need.

Too bad you’re not closer or I’d make a helluva deal on mine....[emoji41]

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Just curious but what pressures do you run yours at? I’m assuming those you got are the OEM size 8-ply’s right? I called BFG one day and asked them what to run mine at and I was advised by them to run them at 55psi- or no lower than 50. I started mine out at 55 and I will say- they felt a lot less spongy at that pressure than they did at 39 which is the recommended pressure for the stock SRA’s but the truck really rode like it had solid rubber skid-steer tires...lol.

I’ve gone back and forth on pressures with mine so many times in hopes to find a sweet spot but I just can’t. These tires beat me to death no matter what pressure I run them at, which is why I’m getting rid of them.

Ludville1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Sport Crew
Yes, stock size. BFG told me 55 psi, and 60 psi if towing. They replace 35 12.50 20 Kumho KL 71 10 ply tires, so to me they ride OK.

Donutsahoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Well Monday started off pretty lousy!! As I always do, before leaving the house to drive to work, I always walk around the truck to check everything out and when I got to the passenger side rear tire I noticed a bulge sticking out about 3/4" that ran across the sidewall from tread to wheel. I knew I hadn't bumped against anything or anything that would cause such a sidewall situation. To say I was mad is an understatement. I left and drove to Discount Tire and once there they found a similar bump on the inside of the drivers side front tire. I have had Goodyear tires on other cars and had more problems with them, by far than any other brands. I asked them to replace them with BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 Tires. I have been reading customer reviews on several different tires in the same category and the BFG's had way more pros than cons. What I love about Discount Tire is that they gave me 75% of the value of the two good tires and will send the other two off to Goodyear and if they get credit will give me $50 each. I and my family have been using Discount Tire for over 15 years and have never had bad experience with them. They will always be my GOTO tire supplier. So my baby got an early Christmas present......a new pair of shoes. I really love the way they look and handle. Road noise is almost un-noticeable. I'm looking forward to taking them out into the hunting lease this weekend to fill feeders and give them a try off-road.

View attachment 147628
Hey Lonestar, I love the look of your tires, looks more aggressive and fits the vehicle better! Nicely done!!

-Robert

EDIT: I can't spell.

Jstmahoney

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 5.7 Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
5.7 hemi
Nice looking tires. Just ordered a set yesterday. I had them on my 03 Ram but didn’t get to experience them too much before I traded the truck in. I think the tire shop had them at 50-55psi. Way too much. I think I was running them around 40-45 psi. OE speck was 36 psi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 V6 EcoDiesel
I got the same tires on my truck and they're good, but I won't be getting them again when it's time to replace. They've gotten pretty rough as far as road noise and comfort. I can feel the vibration in the steering wheel and the rub on the front end. We just got 5+ inches of snow and I had absolutely zero concerns with traction in the snow. So it's certainly not all bad. But I want a tire with better comfort on the road.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got the same tires on my truck and they're good, but I won't be getting them again when it's time to replace. They've gotten pretty rough as far as road noise and comfort. I can feel the vibration in the steering wheel and the rub on the front end. We just got 5+ inches of snow and I had absolutely zero concerns with traction in the snow. So it's certainly not all bad. But I want a tire with better comfort on the road.

Come to think of it, I’ve got a not-so-mild vibration coming from somewhere on my truck, too. Bad enough that at 70, 75mph, it makes my passenger seat look like it’s attached to a paint shaker at Home Depot. I kinda figured I may just have an out-of-round tire or I guess it could just be that the tires might possibly need a rebalancing since they have to use the stick-on weights with my Limited wheels because they don’t have the lip on the outside bead for traditional wheel weights.

I dunno, I’ll certainly find out Saturday when I’m on my way home from the tire shop.

JColdIron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've loved BFG ATko's on my Jeep and Dakota. Great handling and durability.
Getting close to time to replace the worn Grapplers that came on this Truck and would like to go to ATko's but I am having a hard time justifying the cost of them at 295/60/20" for the Ram. Seems to be close to a 1/3rd more than any other tire in the same size...

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've loved BFG ATko's on my Jeep and Dakota. Great handling and durability.
Getting close to time to replace the worn Grapplers that came on this Truck and would like to go to ATko's but I am having a hard time justifying the cost of them at 295/60/20" for the Ram. Seems to be close to a 1/3rd more than any other tire in the same size...

They are awful proud of their tires, that’s for sure. I think I paid about $1200 for mine, out the door, mounted and balanced as just a plain walk-in at a Discount Tire back in February. Since it’s before Christmas, they may have a special or two going on as well but when I ordered my Michelin’s the other day, Discount Tire was selling the BFG KO/2’s for like a buck more than what I paid for my Defenders, which was $233 each.

I know I’m not gonna get near what I paid for mine back out of these when I go to sell them but at least after I bought them, I was able to sell my barely-used SRAs for about $400 bucks so, it wasn’t a total shock. lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinRam1500