BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You'll like the TKO2s... The only bad thing about them is the cost, but ALL good quality 20" tires are on the pricey side it seems...
See,....that's just it. I'm willing to pay for a great quality product. These are my next tire after the Goodyucks wear down some more.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
See,....that's just it. I'm willing to pay for a great quality product. These are my next tire after the Goodyucks wear down some more.

Too bad you’re all the way up in Massachusetts.... got a set that’s nearly brand new I’d sell to ya for a good price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

preachp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi Op,

I put set of E rated BFG ko2's on my 13 and I have no bad things to say about them. They are a bit rougher than the Rugged Terrains I took off but they are way more tire also.
Enjoy them.

tcass

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 V6 Echo-diesel
Got a set at about 30000 miles, replaced the original tires. have 75000 on the truck now and have only gone through about 1/2 the tread. love them. work great off road.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Too bad you’re all the way up in Massachusetts.... got a set that’s nearly brand new I’d sell to ya for a good price.
Yeah definitely.
The cost and pain in the ass to ship would be just that,....a pain in the ass. I appreciate the offer though.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah definitely.
The cost and pain in the ass to ship would be just that,....a pain in the ass. I appreciate the offer though.

Oh hell yeah, I wouldn’t even wanna guess at how much private-party shipping would be on 220 pounds of tires to Massachusetts....lol.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I've run nothing but BFG mud-terrain tires for the last 25 or so years across 3 vehicles... You shouldn't have any problems with the all-terrain's... I even switched out the tires on Charmin (my wife's Toyota minivan) to BFG brand tires when they needed replacing. My dealer of choice is NTB/Tire Kingdom... They have been -GOOD- to me... It's nice to have a business you can count on!

My local NTB honors tireracks prices so mention that when you go to yours.

tucka71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 diesel
Really?...lol. I figured an 8-ply would go hand in hand with a 3/4 ton considering the stockers on my 1/2 ton are 4-ply.

Do you tow a lot? Thrash on them off-road? Driving near highway speeds on gravel roads? Were you keeping them properly inflated, and keeping them rotated? How many miles did you drive on them in those 11 months to wear them out that quick?

Yeah I had mine on my 1500 for 9 months, and put just a little bit over 12,000 miles on them, and they didn’t even look worn at all hardly when I pulled them off Saturday. Discount Tire put the tread depth gauge on them because I was talking about hopefully getting them prorated towards my new tires. I don’t know what they said they had for tread left, but it didn’t matter because I ended up taking the tires home though, because they were only going to give me like 70 bucks a tire and I said I could get more than that if I sell them myself.

I think when they were knew they had like 13/32 of tread on them but I think they’re probably only down no more than maybe 12 or 11. Might have only seen real off-roading one time since i had them. They’ve only pulled one heavy trailer, and 99% of the miles that are on them have all been highway miles. And the only gravel roads that they’ve seen is the street my house is on. And whether I am leaving or coming in, it only to totals about a half a mile traveled every time i leave or go home.

Sure would like to hear the history on yours, tho.

stevehh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
When I spoke to that Michelin rep the other day she told me that Michelin owns bf Goodrich and uniroyal. As far as whether or not Michelin actually makes those other two brands, that I don’t know. I doubt it. It may be one of those things that shares the ignorance of mopar haters on Facebook who like to think that just because Fiat owns Chrysler, they think that everything Chrysler now is a gottdamn Fiat!...lol. Makes me wanna reach through the phone and slap a snotbubble outta them. Lol.

Good point, but that can be extended to Chrysler vs. Ram. Ram is a subsidiary of Chrysler, and BFG is a subsidiary of Michelin. Neither parent company would let their investment run amok! They have some influence over as well as education from marketing, development, and quality control.

I think Michelin and BFG are two of the best tire brands - the new AT is certainly more durable than the last version - I cut a few sidewalls rock crawling in my Land Cruisers on them. Fortunately Discount Tire has always stepped up. The new ones are definitely not low in rolling resistance, but it's hard to combine traction and on-road efficiency.

We do have to remember that corporations are primarily responsible to their stockholders though - not their customers, their employees, nor the public. They have in the past bought other companies just to let the bean counters run them into the ground and profit off the subsidiary's good name.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good point, but that can be extended to Chrysler vs. Ram. Ram is a subsidiary of Chrysler, and BFG is a subsidiary of Michelin. Neither parent company would let their investment run amok! They have some influence over as well as education from marketing, development, and quality control.

I think Michelin and BFG are two of the best tire brands - the new AT is certainly more durable than the last version - I cut a few sidewalls rock crawling in my Land Cruisers on them. Fortunately Discount Tire has always stepped up. The new ones are definitely not low in rolling resistance, but it's hard to combine traction and on-road efficiency.

We do have to remember that corporations are primarily responsible to their stockholders though - not their customers, their employees, nor the public. They have in the past bought other companies just to let the bean counters run them into the ground and profit off the subsidiary's good name.

Exactly.

Random_Walk

...what's this bolt do? *plink* ...oh.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 QC 4WD SLT
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
Thank y'all for the opinions on Discount Tire... I was nosing around (especially after having to deal with black ice this morning), and was looking at replacing the existing (stock) tires... nearly 25k miles, and while there's still tread on them, I think it's time to flop them out. Discount Tire had the best prices (by a *huge* margin), but wasn't sure if they were worth the visit.

(I'll likely go with the Falken Wildpeaks, though depending on TPMS, not sure which ones to go with yet.)

Anyrate, gratzi on the recommendations

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh hell yeah, I wouldn’t even wanna guess at how much private-party shipping would be on 220 pounds of tires to Massachusetts....lol.
LOL
Yeah,...too bad. I would have bought them too. But, it's not worth the hassle/shipping costs. Thanks anyway bro!

Sly Dvl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'll throw my .02 into the mix as well. Took off the factory SRA's this fall and went with the BFG KO's of the same size, but an LT tire. I've had lots of BFG AT's so I knew I'd like the tire. Plus, I'll be towing a Travel Trailer next summer so I wanted something that would hand;e the extra load. Ride was barely compromised, and noise was negligible (these trucks are so well insulated).

I hadn't given any thought to increasing the PSI (since the size was identical) until I read this post. I was surprised at how comfy they rode initially, and @ 39 PSI now I know why. So, FF to this week and after doing some math I'm running them at about 50 PSI for now. Ride is (surprise surprise) a little stiffer, but it's a truck after all. If I wanted a soft smooth ride I'd have bought, well, a car. I'm hoping to gain a little fuel mileage back too.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I hadn't given any thought to increasing the PSI (since the size was identical) until I read this post. I was surprised at how comfy they rode initially, and @ 39 PSI now I know why. So, FF to this week and after doing some math I'm running them at about 50 PSI for now. Ride is (surprise surprise) a little stiffer, but it's a truck after all. If I wanted a soft smooth ride I'd have bought, well, a car.
Fair enough, I’ve heard that a lot over the years but as far as I’m concerned, if I had wanted a more, “truck-like” ride, I woulda bought a HD and not a half-ton.

I'm hoping to gain a little fuel mileage back too.

You might gain a little bit but keep in mind, you got another 15 pounds of unsprung rolling mass now per corner. And not to mention you have a lot more rolling resistance for the much higher traction of them things too so you may not gain much. If you do, that’s great but on my pickup, my mileage didn’t increase enough for me to notice it just because I raised my air pressures up 11 pounds. Cornering, stopping and accelerating improved because the tires didn’t feel like sponges anymore but the only thing that gave me mileage back was taking them off.

Sly Dvl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You might gain a little bit but keep in mind, you got another 15 pounds of unsprung rolling mass now per corner. And not to mention you have a lot more rolling resistance for the much higher traction of them things too so you may not gain much.

I'm hoping, but you're right, I'm not expecting much given the added coefficient and mass...

JColdIron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Finally bit the bullet on the a t Kos for the 2013 Bighorn. I went with 275 65 R20 which replaced 295 60 R20 Nitto Terra Grapplers. Slightly different profile but they fit fine with no rubbing. Just in case anybody's wondering for future purchases. The 275 65 20 s we're also at least 40 to $50 cheaper then the same Tire in 295 60 20.

Not cheap though!$ 1370 out the door. Ouch... Looks like I will be able to get $100 rebate from Goodyear though. Every little bit helps

Haven't driven them long but I I'm already happy. There was an annoying vibration, probably from tire wear at 70 that is completely gone with the new tires.