BFG a/t ko2 questions ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tbta02

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
The bfg site says they run at 51 psi minimum and the TPMS system may need to be recalibrated. Anyone have any input on this? How is it recalibrated does it need to be ?

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
What size and load rating? Rolling around with 50psi on a half ton truck isn’t going to be plush, but if you’re hauling heavy that’s an exception.

If you have a 3/4 ton with 10 ply load E tires, then run the door pressures or perform the proper chalk test unloaded.

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It’s really going to be a your mileage may vary type thing there. I run these tires in 275/65/20 and have found 46 to be my preferred feel and wear.

Google chalking tires for proper pressure. You’ll learn where to set them.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The bfg site says they run at 51 psi minimum and the TPMS system may need to be recalibrated. Anyone have any input on this? How is it recalibrated does it need to be ?

Half-ton, 3/4-ton? I’m assuming half-ton...

Anywho, for a short while, I ran those BFG A/T’s on my halfton Limited with 20’s. Hated them. Ran ‘em for about 9, 10 months and pulled them off and sold them.

Rewinding a little bit, 39 psi- what the door sticker said, just never really felt right and felt kinda spongy. After I seen on here the kinda pressures some guys were running, I decided to call up BFG and ask. They told me 55psi, with a minimum of 50.

Sure, at 55-50, my handling went way up, my braking and curves were a lot tighter.

But since then, I was now really feeling every bump in the road. So, I settled(right before the decision to sell) at 50 in the front. 45 in the back.

But I didn’t have to recalibrate my TPMS. Not sure why they told you that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I ran 35x12.50 BFG KO2s on my 2014 & 2017 2500 trucks. They did OK but as they got older the sidewalls got weak and the truck wobbled and vibrated a bit.

I ran mine at 55 PSI and my TPMS warning light was on all the time on both trucks. With Alpha OBD you can fix that issue easily.

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
The only reason they're saying that the TPMS would need to be recalibrated is because right now is sat to trigger when your tires that are supposed to be 39 PSI drop approximately 5 PSI it will see the low pressure. If you are running The BFG at 50 psi as they State a minimum pressure it would need to drop all the way down to approximately 34 PSI before your TPMS with trigger a low pressure warning. Now by the time you've hit 34 PSI you're risking a run-flat tire with an inner liner damage that you probably won't see until you go to re-inflate it or it heats up driving and it blows.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk