Bilstein 5100 and eibach springs questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sgambots91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
How much lift did it give you? Also are you a crew cab or quad cab? And what engine configuration? Some trucks are heavier and will receive less lift

I didn’t take measurements unfortunately before I started. I was at 2.8 with stock springs. I’m definitely sitting lower now. I will post pics of my cv and ball joint angles when I get home.

I have a 2019 classic warlock quad cab hemi. The warlock has rebel front end which has steel bumper so maybe that’s why I’m sitting a little lower.

regal81455

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm really interested in this subject as I'll be doing the 5100s w/ eibach springs and freedom offroad UCAs this weekend. I'm thinking 3rd ring but not if its at the expense of ride quality. Just did the 1.5" BL two weekends ago so I was hoping for 4-4.5" total. Thoughts anyone???

2016 CC w/ 5.7 if it matters.

Sgambots91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
How much lift did it give you? Also are you a crew cab or quad cab? And what engine configuration? Some trucks are heavier and will receive less lift

Here’s some pics. Do you think I could get away with these springs at 3rd notch?

Stock Springs w/5100 at 2.8 (5th notch)
upload_2020-7-21_17-3-19.jpeg

Eibach springs w/5100 (2nd notch)
upload_2020-7-21_17-4-16.jpeg

CV and UCA angles
upload_2020-7-21_17-6-1.jpeg

upload_2020-7-21_17-6-15.jpeg

upload_2020-7-21_17-6-37.jpeg

Sgambots91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm really interested in this subject as I'll be doing the 5100s w/ eibach springs and freedom offroad UCAs this weekend. I'm thinking 3rd ring but not if its at the expense of ride quality. Just did the 1.5" BL two weekends ago so I was hoping for 4-4.5" total. Thoughts anyone???

2016 CC w/ 5.7 if it matters.

As far as ride quality goes, I noticed a huge improvement in ride with these eibach springs over stock. Granted I am sitting a tad lower, so that could help as well. I can’t imagine the ride getting much worse, if at all by going up just 1 notch.

regal81455

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thats exactly the input I was hoping for. Tx! Ill go 3rd notch.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I didn’t take measurements unfortunately before I started. I was at 2.8 with stock springs. I’m definitely sitting lower now. I will post pics of my cv and ball joint angles when I get home.

I have a 2019 classic warlock quad cab hemi. The warlock has rebel front end which has steel bumper so maybe that’s why I’m sitting a little lower.
Curious if the warlock springs are longer than regular stock Springs. I think you’d be fine up one more notch. That’s roughly 1/2” for one more notch. Looks good though

Sgambots91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Curious if the warlock springs are longer than regular stock Springs. I think you’d be fine up one more notch. That’s roughly 1/2” for one more notch. Looks good though

I know the warlock comes with 1” factory lift, just not entirely sure how that is acquired (spring or strut?) I’ll probably be back out there tomorrow to raise it up to 3rd notch. I’ll measure the stock spring length for reference

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know the warlock comes with 1” factory lift, just not entirely sure how that is acquired (spring or strut?) I’ll probably be back out there tomorrow to raise it up to 3rd notch. I’ll measure the stock spring length for reference
I assumed it was from the strut.

Sgambots91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So went up to the 3rd notch today. I’m getting pretty quick at this lol. Took me about 2.5 hours from wheels up to wheels down. Got a bit more height, but still not as high as stock springs on 5th notch. Very close though.

Which I’m ok with. The ride is much better and all my angles look great so shouldn’t have to worry about any failures. I have a 1.5” spacer in back that I will remove to get rid of all this rake.

The spring compressor was very tough to remove however, since the coil was compressed more. I had to basically pry it off the coils, which in return damaged some of the finish off the spring. I wonder if eibach sells some touch up paint that you can brush onto the spring. Don’t want it rusting over time.

Here’s some pics

upload_2020-7-22_15-59-4.jpeg

upload_2020-7-22_15-59-16.jpeg

240billy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hey new member here and new warlock owner how much lift did you achieve with this set up? And from the reading I’ve been Reading the past few days the factory lift comes from the strut. I guess the springs are the same as others but the strut is a little bit longer.

Petebeard

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
That looks great sgambots91!

Can you please give your measurements center of hub to fender?

Also Does the Warlock come factory with 1" just in the front as a level, or is the the rear lifted as well?

Sgambots91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That looks great sgambots91!

Can you please give your measurements center of hub to fender?

Also Does the Warlock come factory with 1" just in the front as a level, or is the the rear lifted as well?

Hub to fender (with fender flare) I’m measuring at 39” and about 41” in rear (with 1.5” spacer installed). I’m thinking about swapping out the 1.5” spacer with a .75” spacer to give me a more leveled look. Then installing air lift for rear springs to prevent sag. Probably a 1.5” body lift down the road.

As far as factory lift from rear, I honestly have no idea. I’d imagine they lifted the back as well so it still has the same rake.

Sgambots91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey new member here and new warlock owner how much lift did you achieve with this set up? And from the reading I’ve been Reading the past few days the factory lift comes from the strut. I guess the springs are the same as others but the strut is a little bit longer.

I don’t know what my stock height was but measure yours and subtract the difference. I’m at 39” up front.

Jasfish18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So went up to the 3rd notch today. I’m getting pretty quick at this lol. Took me about 2.5 hours from wheels up to wheels down. Got a bit more height, but still not as high as stock springs on 5th notch. Very close though.

Which I’m ok with. The ride is much better and all my angles look great so shouldn’t have to worry about any failures. I have a 1.5” spacer in back that I will remove to get rid of all this rake.

The spring compressor was very tough to remove however, since the coil was compressed more. I had to basically pry it off the coils, which in return damaged some of the finish off the spring. I wonder if eibach sells some touch up paint that you can brush onto the spring. Don’t want it rusting over time.

Here’s some pics

View attachment 216348

View attachment 216349
Looks great!
I experienced the same thing with marring the finish on the springs