Bilstein 5100's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skyjockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Warlock 4x4
Engine
3.6L
did you just get the fronts or the rear non adjustables too? either way you will be really impressed with the ride quality from these. i already thought 4G rams were the nicest riding trucks out there and then i added these and my truck rides even better. i bought the same series bilsteins for my jeep too :favorites13:

I have been reading a lot about 5100 vs spacers and see people saying as you did the ride quality is "better" with these shocks over stock.

How so??

As you say, my 2012 rides SO MUCH better than my 97 did but I mean better as in my old bones don't rattle so much now :) Others say "better" is more trucklike so just curious what you observed.

h2oman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The stroke of these shocks is much more progressive than stock. They compress very easily at the top of the stroke. This makes them ride plush under normal driving. Under tougher conditons like offroading, the shocks compress harder at the bottom of the stroke to give a faster rebound to prevent bottoming out which makes them ride plush.

ultra2207

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm ready to order some 5100 front adjustables. I have the 2.5/1.5 rough country leveling kit. I want to get rid of the front spacers and try bilsteins since everyone raves about them. I'm curious to see the ride difference between stock shocks with a spacer compared to just bilsteins. I've also noticed that bilsteins set at max gives quite a bit more lift than 2.5 spacers. At least that's what it looks like from looking at all the pics on here.

sent via tapatalk

OP
OP
derrickwmartin
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Crew Cab Lone Star 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm leaving today to head to North Dakota to go fishing for the week. I will be back Sunday afternoon/evening and plan on putting them on Monday. That is if my buddy that is gonna help me with the install can get off work for Monday. I'll post some before and after pics for you to compare. For stock vs bilstien at 2.8