Bilstein firmness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zerpda

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey all. New here, I searched the threads using "Bilstein firmness" and couldn't find what I was looking for. I have a 2010 ram 1500 4x4. I just bought a set of the adjustable 5100's. Has anyone run into issues with the ride being too firm at the highest setting? Also wondering if anyone had any issues with the "a" arms or bushings going bad?

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Naahhhhh. The 5100 at 2.8" coolaid taste better on the rocks. Try it. Having an offset aftermarket UCA's should also help in that regards. it won't make miracles but when the arms cycle as they should things feel inherently better.

Last edited:

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
At the maxed setting new a arms is a definite. Also the earlier 4th gens benefit from the zone diff drop kit to help alleviate some of the cv angle. I ran my bils at 2.1 and it was noticeably firmer than stock but not terrible.

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bilstein tends to do digressive valving on their stock replacement shocks so they seem to feel a bit firm on small bumps. Sporty feel but not everyone loves sporty.

Yes to control arms. Not the Mevotech ones, get arms that actually correct for the lift angle. I used the Readylift ones, but there are several manufacturers.