Bilsteins are on!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I'll keep an eye on it. I'll check it later n see how it is. Thanks guys. More pics to come

Also my tire pressure light is on. Picked it up last night n it was fine. Started it this morning 21 dg n 3 tires showed 30 they were all at 35. What should they be ran at

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stock is 34 psi cold on 20" wheels.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

tripower

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I'll keep an eye on it. I'll check it later n see how it is. Thanks guys. More pics to come

Also my tire pressure light is on. Picked it up last night n it was fine. Started it this morning 21 dg n 3 tires showed 30 they were all at 35. What should they be ran at

Don't sweat it, that problem doesn't apply to your setup. We've been going through the same bad recommendations for years now on this forum. The guys that recommend UCAs can't (or won't) explain the technical difference between a spacer lift and the lift method employed by Bilstein and Rancho and some others. Shops that recommend UCAs with Bils need a one size fits all solution no matter which method the customer chooses, and many times their mechanics don't understand either. Your ball joints are going to look just like stock.

OP
OP
Bertulis43

Bertulis43

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Don't sweat it, that problem doesn't apply to your setup. We've been going through the same bad recommendations for years now on this forum. The guys that recommend UCAs can't (or won't) explain the technical difference between a spacer lift and the lift method employed by Bilstein and Rancho and some others. Shops that recommend UCAs with Bils need a one size fits all solution no matter which method the customer chooses, and many times their mechanics don't understand either. Your ball joints are going to look just like stock.

So I don't really need to worry much about checking them. I don't do any off roading

OP
OP
Bertulis43

Bertulis43

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Stock is 34 psi cold on 20" wheels.

So I shouldn't worry about it. Just let it go n don't put air in. I know they warm up but I was just wondering cause it was so cold

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
So I shouldn't worry about it. Just let it go n don't put air in. I know they warm up but I was just wondering cause it was so cold

No, you should drive to the nearest place you can and air them up to 34 minimum. It would be even better if you could air them up without driving anywhere after letting it set overnight. Driving will cause the air to expand /heat up so you won't have a true "cold" reading.

It's common to lose PSI in cold weather, I was just about to do the same on my truck today as I have the same issue.

OP
OP
Bertulis43

Bertulis43

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No, you should drive to the nearest place you can and air them up to 34 minimum. It would be even better if you could air them up without driving anywhere after letting it set overnight. Driving will cause the air to expand /heat up so you won't have a true "cold" reading.

It's common to lose PSI in cold weather, I was just about to do the same on my truck today as I have the same issue.

Thanks. I can air them up at work but have a 40 min ride home so I'll just wait and see what happens. I need an oil change so the place I go will do it. They did it before. I just want sure cause there bigger tires idk if they needed a different psi

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Thanks. I can air them up at work but have a 40 min ride home so I'll just wait and see what happens. I need an oil change so the place I go will do it. They did it before. I just want sure cause there bigger tires idk if they needed a different psi

If your tires aren't stock, the PSI may vary, but the factory recommendations are a good starting point. 34psi should be the minimum in all temperatures. The tire manufacturer's Max inflation rating should not be exceeded.

The space between these two values is up to you. More psi could net better MPGs, but may reduce tire life and or result in poor wearing patterns (same goes for under inflation).

OP
OP
Bertulis43

Bertulis43

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'll check the tires and see what max is. I'm assuming the guy set them at 35 last night

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I'll check the tires and see what max is. I'm assuming the guy set them at 35 last night

I wouldn't assume, but that's just me. I can be pedantic at times...

OP
OP
Bertulis43

Bertulis43

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
94ba049e43cf796fb3b21446abc535cb.jpg

The tires say cold 80 psi. What should I run them to?

I called the guy who did them. He said run them at 38 psi. There e rated tires and I could run them at 80 but it might throw sensors off for to much air.

Last edited:

Mineralram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Your call ultimately just keep a close eye on those upper joints, there have been alot of guys on several forums who have experienced problems with both settings

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Bertulis43

Bertulis43

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Your call ultimately just keep a close eye on those upper joints, there have been alot of guys on several forums who have experienced problems with both settings

I'm hearing I'll be fine and than I'm hearing keep a hawk eye on it which one is it lol

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
94ba049e43cf796fb3b21446abc535cb.jpg

The tires say cold 80 psi. What should I run them to?

I called the guy who did them. He said run them at 38 psi. There e rated tires and I could run them at 80 but it might throw sensors off for to much air.

38 sounds like a good number. It becomes subjective unless you go to the lengths of chalking/painting the tire and observing their footprints at different PSI ...

For keeping an eye on them or not worrying about, from research this is highly subjective and you should do what your comfortable with.

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
1) You won't have to worry about your ball joints with your Bils at 2.1. The ball joint issue only comes into play when using the "leveling kits" on 2014+ trucks, which are merely just spacers either above or below the stock suspension. The Bils do not change the suspension angles like the level kits do. You'll be fine with your set up. But, it doesn't hurt to check them every few months.

2) I know different tires require different PSI's and it also depends on what they are being used for. I can't say for sure on what you're using now, but my stock Goodyears are using 40 psi. My sensors are set at either 38 or 39 psi... anything below that, and I get a low tire warning.

Mineralram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Do what makes you comfortable, im looking into bilsteins myself but will only do them and UCA's together..