Bilsteins with eibach springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff Donison

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hey I got a few question for anyone running this combo of bilstein 5100 and eibach pro truck lift springs. It's goin on a 17 5.7 sport I want to go as close to 3 inches as I can. Anyone know what setting I use on the bilstein to achieve this? If it's possibly what are the pros and cons of this setup?

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have Bilstein 5100's with Eibach springs.

The springs are made to lift 2.0 inches, a bit more or a bit less depending on the weight of your truck. There were a half dozen or more different OEM spring rates to go along with the powertrain, wheelbase, cab configuration and trim options on the trucks so any one-size-fits-all spring is going to have varied outcomes.

I got more than 2 inches from the Eibach springs on Bilstein 5100's on my RCSB with the lowest setting. How much more than 2 inches? Beats me I've run several different shock/spring/lift combinations on this truck and didn't make any detailed records of the original height. I only know it's more than 2 inches because the height seems either identical to, or very slightly more than the 2.1" I got from stock springs on Bilsteins at the 2.1" setting.

As far as pros and cons - well unless you're relocating your lower control arms and differential there are some compromises the higher you go over 2 inches. The lack of relative down-travel is what gives trucks that pogo stick ride you've probably seen mentioned a few times because the transition from entirely unsupported (tire in the air, or fully unloaded anyway) to supported has to overcome a lot more preload than a less compressed spring and of course you make that transition a lot more often when you have limited travel to begin with.

Depending how you look at it another con might be the plastic piston shield thing - if you leave that in place and you're lifted more than about 2 inches the bottom of that will be above the top of the strut body and since it barely fits in the first place basically going to get crunched in a day. That may or may not matter to you.

One more thing that may or may not be a pro for you and may not even work out the exact same way with your truck but mine drives, rides and handles like a GT car. I have more going on than just strictly 5100's and Eibach springs and my truck has the 120" wheelbase but it basically feels like a 120% scale Mustang :driver:

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey I got a few question for anyone running this combo of bilstein 5100 and eibach pro truck lift springs. It's goin on a 17 5.7 sport I want to go as close to 3 inches as I can. Anyone know what setting I use on the bilstein to achieve this? If it's possibly what are the pros and cons of this setup?
3rd notch for me. Honestly the only con is lighter wallet. As of recommendations from others I’m trying to upgrade to 6112 though. Personal reasons. The eibach springs are a lot nicer and more controlled than stock springs on the 5100. Originally I had bilstein 5100 and stock springs. The difference the springs made was surprising. Softer, less bouncy, more controlled feeling.