Black caliper covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

saturnx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The front calipers on my 22 Rebel are rusty already. I'm not interested in new calipers so I'm looking at alternatives. Does anyone have any opinions on caliper covers good or bad? If you have any covers could you post a picture?

Thank you
Steve

Last edited:

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
The front calipers on my 22 Rebel are rusty already. I'm not interested in new calipers so I'm looking at alternatives. The black covers look interesting from MGP on Summit Racing's website. Does anyone have any opinions on these good or bad? If you have any covers could you post a picture?

Thank you
Steve
Please post a link to what you're asking about. It's good practice to not make people go digging when you're asking for help.

markabby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
my opinon? covers will just hold the moisture in and making them rust even faster.

if anything, paint them with a colored rust inhibitor. ....and NOT Rustolium.

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
POR-15 makes good products if you want to paint them. Here is a link to painting the.

oe542bob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
I put Rough Country covers on my truck just for the look. They are a quality built item and it’s been a year since I installed them. Still look like new.
IMG_1872.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1873.jpeg
    IMG_1873.jpeg
    270.5 KB · Views: 4

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have the black mpg? Covers on mine for more then six years and there is not any major rust ,or other damage. if you like them ,go for it.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I liken these to the carbon fiber overlays that people use in their interiors. No real function other than looks. If you like it then that's what matters. They certainly look better than rusted calipers, but make no mistake that people know they are just covers. I'd also be wary if you have 18 inch wheels. There is so little clearance between the caliper and the wheel that I'm not sure these covers wouldn't rub.

markabby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the black mpg? Covers on mine for more then six years and there is not any major rust ,or other damage. if you like them ,go for it.

i lived in New York state for years where we had to deal with salt corrosion...which is why i gave my opinion on covers. I'm sure where there's no salt they'd work great. I'm just anti-salt....lol

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
I personally have my calipers and hubs sprayed every year when I go to Krown Rust Control for my annual spray every late spring to early summer.

My calipers have never rusted and always look mint.

However, I also have my calipers fully serviced every late spring to early summer prior to my annual rust control application, too.