Blacking out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YoungRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
i just bought a used 2004 ram 1500
4884-img-1161.jpg

i was thinking about blacking out most of the chrome (rims and grill) or buying those parts new in matte black, and painting the silver stripe along the bottom on the sides black or matte black. I'm not sure if i should or if i do what is the best way to go about doing it. what should i do?

TheMaddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Best bang for ya buck would be plasti dip. It's like spray paint but better, if you don't like it, it peels right off.

And it's cheap

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Best bet to do it the correct way is to A .. get it all powder coated , or B replace it all with aftermarket color that you want .

I am not a fan of plastic dipping or spray paint

Kewl Brez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Best bang for ya buck would be plasti dip. It's like spray paint but better, if you don't like it, it peels right off.

And it's cheap

Welcome to RF.

x2 What I done to my wheels till I get new ones.

generaljenkins

Reaction score
Ram Year
08/13
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think flat black looks real nice on white tricks. I'm trying the plasti dip thing everyone is talking about, but only on my nerf bars. When I do my rims and bumpers they will be done the right way, sand blast, and powder coat. It not to bad either I think a set of 20's only runs around $400 if you bring them in with the tires removed. Take plenty of before and after pics!

OP
OP
Y

YoungRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
You can see what my truck looks like now on my profile. I like the plast dip idea for now because I'm not sure how the truck truck will look with the black. I would like to put the stripe along the bottom. But I'm nervous to invest the money and not be happy with the outcome

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Look at mine, a lot of mine is plasti dip and I love it, but next time I will do like ramhunter9 said, either new black or powdercoated but prob bedlined

Mr_Nacho

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'll snag those wheels from you if you don't want them, I would hate to see you black out some chrome wheels, haha

shostopper17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Ya plasti dip all day my friend welcome to the forum