Blend door actuator alignment?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

edelsite

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm about to replace my second blend door actuator due to it stripping the gears. I've noticed after the first replacement that when I start my truck, I can hear the blend door act trying to over-actuate the blend door. Can't describe the sound, but I know the blend door is closed and the actuator is trying to "close" it further by the way it sounds. Anyway, after doing this for about 8 months, it finally stripped the gears in the new actuator as well. My exact question is: when replacing the actuator, does it need to be aligned a certain way prior to engaging the gears between the blend door and the actuator? I've watched many vids on replacing the actuator and nobody does anything other that bolt the new act on. Any thoughts or recommendations? If I didn't explain my problem well enough, I can try to give more detail.

timpaine1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 l v6 diesel
My heater controler is stuck on vent and won't go back to defrost on mt 2010 ram 1500 so can you please tell me haw to fix the problem please.

thanks in advance....

TERRY G ABNEY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I'm about to replace my second blend door actuator due to it stripping the gears. I've noticed after the first replacement that when I start my truck, I can hear the blend door act trying to over-actuate the blend door. Can't describe the sound, but I know the blend door is closed and the actuator is trying to "close" it further by the way it sounds. Anyway, after doing this for about 8 months, it finally stripped the gears in the new actuator as well. My exact question is: when replacing the actuator, does it need to be aligned a certain way prior to engaging the gears between the blend door and the actuator? I've watched many vids on replacing the actuator and nobody does anything other that bolt the new act on. Any thoughts or recommendations? If I didn't explain my problem well enough, I can try to give more detail.

Have you changed the door itself ? If the actuator is for sure spinning non stop it may be broken,,pull the actuator and try to open an close the door by hand , it should not spin a full circle , if it does then the end is broken loose from the blend door

TERRY G ABNEY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
My heater controler is stuck on vent and won't go back to defrost on mt 2010 ram 1500 so can you please tell me haw to fix the problem please.

thanks in advance....
Mode 1 an Mode 2 doors control defrost and either is one of the actuators or one or both of the mode doors are broken