Block Drain Plugs ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hylander

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
07 Hemin 5.7
Where are the Water drain plugs located please ?
I'm In the process of flushing my system and want to get as much of the old stuff out as I can.
Pics would be much appreciated.
Yes, using only Distilled water to flush with, no garden hose.

Wallyb4

Retired EWC(SW/AW) 1983-2003
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Not sure on your veh , but you can remove the lower hose and that will get around 95% of the old stuff out. Are you going to do the heater core also? IF so remember to reverse flush it and do it slowly. You can damage the core if you use to much pressure.

OP
OP
Hylander

Hylander

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not sure on your veh , but you can remove the lower hose and that will get around 95% of the old stuff out. Are you going to do the heater core also? IF so remember to reverse flush it and do it slowly. You can damage the core if you use to much pressure.

Lower house is still pretty high, would like to get lower in the block.
Yes, heater core as well, no pressure, just gravity.
And replacing the thermostat.

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
07 Hemin 5.7
Where are the Water drain plugs located please ?
I'm In the process of flushing my system and want to get as much of the old stuff out as I can.
Pics would be much appreciated.
Yes, using only Distilled water to flush with, no garden hose.

Here you go! best thread i could find detailing the questions you asked.

you would be surprised how much coolant is kept in the block itself. way more than 5% i would say.

Brando_SLT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They are on the lower third of the block on either side. I think they are right by the knock sensors. Get ready with a 5 gallon bucket because there's a lot of coolant in there.