Blue circle around buttons

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you measure the float voltage before charging, confirm the posts and clamps are clean and lubed? And load test the battery with an analog toaster style tester?

Brybak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have you got anywhere with finding the cause/solution. My 2016 2500 has started doing a similar thing. The blue rings flash intermittently and continue, nothing stops it other than disconnecting the battery. Happens everytime i turn it off. Doesnt matter lights on/off radio on/off. I too have not found a solution.

OP
OP
W

Whisky Husky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Yes, the battery, alternator are all good. Other then this electrical gremlin all is fine. Nothing like advances in technology to damper your holiday season.

OP
OP
W

Whisky Husky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Have you got anywhere with finding the cause/solution. My 2016 2500 has started doing a similar thing. The blue rings flash intermittently and continue, nothing stops it other than disconnecting the battery. Happens everytime i turn it off. Doesnt matter lights on/off radio on/off. I too have not found a solution.
Nope, I haven't yet. Also, I have yet to find anything online that describes this issue either. Seems like a one off, well maybe two now... Ridiculous issue...

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
@Whisky Husky

The bezel is fairly simple as far as the wiring goes... Just power, Gnd and CanBus messaging...

The blue rings are activated by CanBus messages related to the dash headlight/back panel illumination switch.

It's just likely that the Bezel is bad ... or possibly there's some other accessory, CanBus related module, or a Mod/accessory that you've added that's messing with the CanBus messages that the Bezel is pickup up causing it to turn on the lights etc.

Try disconnecting the radio with the bezel still hooked up. What happens?
(Test bezel backlighting, fan controls, DEFROST etc, with key off & in RUN)

Try disconnecting the HVAC Module (behind passenger side air vent) with & without the radio hooked up with the Bezel. Same scenario.

Try disconnecting the dash headlight switch. What happens?

** I've seen bad HVAC modules mess with the bus, bad radios, and bad bezels. ... & Bad accessories plugged into security gateway module/OBD port. (Tuner??) **

(Any generic knock off parts used vs OEM Mopar parts? ... Will cause problems as well)

You can connect to the HVAC module via AlfaOBD (vs BCM) and check for codes... And make some settings changes separate from the Bezel buttons if the bezel doesn't work normally to control the HVAC.

Last edited: