Blue door

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hendricks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CE64065B-0C1D-4117-8AF7-6E3A036E1CA0.jpegLooking for a blue passenger door. Ram into a fire hydrant. Located around Raleigh NC. Could not figure out how to post in wanted section

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
chances are good that you will pay $350 just for a good door shell

the panel in this video below, may be damaged on your dented door, so save this video, just in case

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel

British Bulldog

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 etorque
Ouch……. Lucky (seriously) you didn’t wreck the hydrant as well. I feel for you. Any blue door will probably need to be sprayed to match because of tint difference so it might be simpler just go with any second hand door you can get. I really envy that Patriot Blue. Lovely colour

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
What kinda jerk puts a hydrant there?!

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
You won't be able to post in the For Sale/WTB section until you meet the membership time and # of post requirements. It's all listed in the Forum Rules .

I moved this thread to a more appropriate section to increase its visibility to members.

Good luck with the repairs.

Gary Fields

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Chances are even if you find a similar blue door you will need to have repainted. Vehicle paint is not exactly the same from batch to batch. Add in five years of age and exposure to both your truck and the donor truck and chances are slim it will match. Normal procedure when replacing a door is to blend color paint into fender and rear door. This keeps there from being a distinct line between the two colors. If you want to keep the truck and want it to look right you need to have it fixed right. Otherwise you will see this every time you get into the truck. I've done the salvage yard same color fender and door fix, but it was on a 15 year old Honda with a 17 year old driver. Repair lasted fine for 4 months when the car slid on it's roof into a water filled ditch. Kid was OK but scared the bejeebers out of him. He always wears a seatbelt after that.

depmike38

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Some of this has already been mentioned but I owned a collision shop for 20 years and here's what we did. Get the paint code off the truck and start with finding a door that color. Even if the exterior is a different alternate(tint) shade you can get away with not cutting in the inside part of the door you can't see when the door is closed, it will be fine and it saves labor and materials. I would pre-fit the door if you get the right color on the outside possibility it's a dead match, it does happen. If not you will have to blend the fender and cab corner but at least you don't have to re-paint the handle however take it off before you paint. Also 3M makes a good double side tape that will allow you to ease off the RAM emblem(heat it from the back side with the wife's hair dryer to soften the adhesive) with a plastic putty knife or a bondo spreader and make sure you clean off all the old adhesive. This is all that holds it on from the factory, there are no clips, screws, or holes in the door beneath the emblem. Hope this helps.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Have you ever been involved in a single vehicle insurance claim ?

They really love to jack up your premiums after you have been in one,
I am not talking about those incidents where weather was involved

5150Eddie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 5.9
Here in Ohio we have Dundee Automotive as a resource. They might be able to help you:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357