Bluetooth

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamRoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have an 09 Ram 1500 with the REN stereo. For the most part, it suites my needs. I would like Bluetooth though and don't want to buy a new head unit at this time. I have read that there are devices that plug into the aux and usb ports that will give you Bluetooth.

Does anybody have experience with this? Any suggested brands? Also, does it interfere with the uconnect phone?

Thanks guys

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
this is the version i have. i use it in my transit connect vehicle that has no bluetooth option. there is a newer version that has a mike for calls too but i only use mine to play music from my phone. its simple to use and as long as you have the aux jack or a usb port you can use it. instructions are good. i select the line in input on my radio to access.

this is copied from amazon canada btw:

https://www.amazon.ca/Bluetooth-Receiver-Mpow-Streambot-Hands-Free/dp/B00QX0YR7I/ref=sr_1_9?crid=GV7T04PAM5UW&keywords=mpow+bluetooth&qid=1563365220&s=gateway&sprefix=mpow+,aps,199&sr=8-9

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
regarding will it interfere with the uconnect phone? can't say how things will work as my uconnect unit has bluetooth. you could always check out the new version mpow sells of this that has a microphone as well? i didn't suggest that version in the first place with your thought of keeping uconnect phone separate. my guess is you might need to select a different input on your radio when you use uconnect phone.

OP
OP
R

RamRoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks. Does it have good sound? Is there any delay? My truck doesn't have Bluetooth, but has the uconnect for calls.

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
its a device to add bluetooth to a vehicle without it. no lag, nothing to do with sound.

TatertotScott

The man, the myth, the legend, the one and only!
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well, your uConnect phone will auto-switch the radio input from other sources currently, correct? If so, then if you get a call, then your phone will automatically shut off the music. And the uConnect will already auto-switch inputs to the phone, you should have no worries.

Switching BACK to Line In would be my only question.

I also have the MPOW dongle and it worked very well for my purposes when I needed it. It is easy to also leave plugged into a cigarette lighter USB charger to keep its battery charged.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I have an 09 Ram 1500 with the REN stereo. For the most part, it suites my needs. I would like Bluetooth though and don't want to buy a new head unit at this time. I have read that there are devices that plug into the aux and usb ports that will give you Bluetooth.

Does anybody have experience with this? Any suggested brands? Also, does it interfere with the uconnect phone?

Thanks guys
I ordered this. Really cheap, small and almost unnoticeable and works perfectly.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0756FN69M/ref=cm_sw_r_em_taa_n2YnDbG36313M

One of the best features is the built in internal battery. Plug it into the always on 12v cig outlet and let it charge overnight. Unplug it in the morning and it will last all day, upto 15hrs of use. I like it because I don’t have cables hanging everywhere and all sorts of extra wires. Every morning I unplug it and all that’s left is the small device sticking out the front of the radio and now that I have an Amazon Fire HD 8” tablet mounted in front of the radio, this Bluetooth device is now hidden behind the tablet so it’s perfect.

I have uconnect as well and this works perfectly with it. No issues with calls or anything and when the call ends the music starts playing again.

Sent from my KFKAWI using Tapatalk

Last edited:

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Here are some pictures of the Bluetooth device I linked above, in my truck. Included with the device is the silver short mount aux connector as well as a standard 3ft aux cable if you want to hide the device out of sight.

**please ignore the dust and dirt in my truck, I’m in between full details at the moment and it’s about time for another interior detail lol **

c2e30ad93396113f72fb98ed33bab4eb.jpg3f1416d6eb90bb02f19aaf94fa98b4a6.jpg2dbe89997ba5de5b114a929b01399105.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk