Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

bought a 2016 less than two weeks ago.......cel overheat no cab heat lol

Discussion in 'Dodge Ram Eco Diesels' started by mtnbikeadam, Nov 8, 2019.

1. mtnbikeadam

mtnbikeadam Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    3.0 diesel
    man i was really loving this truck but its 25degrees outside, the dealers two weeks out for appointments and it was 245coolant this morning then 252degrees on my way home. what the heck only 96k on the truck, got 350k out of my last one.

2. crash68

crash68 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    3.0 EcoDiesel
    Is the coolant level over the seam of the degas bottle? and is the coolant clean along with orangish-rose color when cool and purple when warm?
    There isn't any really "known failures" of the thermostat or water pump.

3. mtnbikeadam

mtnbikeadam Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    3.0 diesel
    theres lots of coolant in the reservoir, if i remember right its just below the seam. i was worried about the erg recall/issues.

4. crash68

crash68 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    3.0 EcoDiesel
    I would top off the degas bottle when cold, there is not much of a reserve capacity like the gassers have. I'd stick with the Mopar purple stuff as I've read about some funky outcomes when people have used the "good for all coolants" to top off.
    You can get the Mopar in pre-mixed or concentrate, if you buy the concentrate only use distilled or deionized water to mix(this goes for any coolant/engine nowadays).
    I know closing off too much of the winter front and/or not selecting a defrost mode when it's cold the coolant temps will spike but your going even higher than when I'm towing 8K lbs in 90°F weather (I've seen 222°F coolant).

mtnbikeadam likes this.