I regret buying a RAM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Wowzers that's a big jump in price and IMO bull :poop: , the new improved units were listed for around $80.00 a few months ago....
Yeah, that's kind of the price I was expecting to see on the OEM Mopar parts site. But I don't really care since Mopar is going to reimburse me for it anyway. Silly game, but I want that relay replaced.

Zoe Saldana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
So to update... i got ahold of fca finally on my 30 min lunch break and the customer service rep said he would transfer me and then i was given a survey option but then they hung up on me. I was on hold 20 minutes just to talk to a human that hung up! I call again at 3pm and im told the case managerw leave at 5pm eastern time so im sol but he listened to the issues i have with my truck and how i think bad repairs may have damaged my drive train. He was blown away by the issues i had on my truck inclusing the fact my AC also failed. He said he would elevate my claim ans have an FCA case manager contact me at noon as a prioeity as i work 6 days a week and can only call during work hours. I get to my phone today and no call for 5 minutes so i call FCA and im on hold 40 minutes (10 minutes i to work time). I call again at 3 and get through to someone. They say i should be calling the dealership and not FCA and that the other cuatomer service rep has no business telling me what he did and that my fight is only with the dealership doing the repairs. He then verbatim repeated the remaining warranty periods on my truck and said good bye. I can honestly say i will never buy another FCA vehicle in my life. They are trying to drain my warranty with bad repairs until i have to sell the vehicle at a hige loss with major issues.
I hope you didn't start off by saying "I regret buying a Ram".

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I hope you didn't start off by saying "I regret buying a Ram".
As a former field representative for Buick, I can tell you that nothing erases the motivation of a company to help when the customer makes a statement like this.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build Date: 3 June 2018. Now at 96259 miles.

fitz7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As a former field representative for Buick, I can tell you that nothing erases the motivation of a company to help when the customer makes a statement like this.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build Date: 3 June 2018. Now at 96259 miles.
Well, they lost a 100k sale on a dually i plan on buying next year if thry think the same way you do. Brand loyalty goes out the window when you bug a lemon. So many issues with ram particularly thr blend doora going under the dash. Its been way over 10 years with that known issue and they still don't change them to have better hinges out of factory.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you aren't happy with it, then sell it and move on. I wouldn't touch a GM truck and Ford is ok I just bought a 19 Flex as a third wheel vehicle, but the 3.5 seems to be pretty good. I am around a lot of people and 90% of them are ford f150 owners. They never seem to complain about them. I just can not get behind the look of them. To each there own I guess.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Also to add to Ford, my dad a Chevy guy his whole life now owns a Ecoboost F150 and loves it. My mom moved over as well from a New Traverse to a New Pacifica. Im still enjoying Dodge products, but being a long time Ford guy if they start giving me issues like Ford did Ill move to what is reliable.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also to add to Ford, my dad a Chevy guy his whole life now owns a Ecoboost F150 and loves it. My mom moved over as well from a New Traverse to a New Pacifica. Im still enjoying Dodge products, but being a long time Ford guy if they start giving me issues like Ford did Ill move to what is reliable.
YUP, screw whateva emblem is on the ride, as long as it is reliable. Goes from Point A to B to A, has toons, AC and heat, that works for dis BOIRD. I am just on my 3rd RAM, but we had a 2010 F 150 with the 3V Triton 5.4L, and it was impeccable except for needing a new idler tensioner. Kin da depends if when U buy U get the pick of the litter or the runt, lmao. I am neva Brand Reliable, just vehicle reliable.

ADDED: Have had my RAM for 5 years now, which is a long time for me, but the prices are too absurd to think about buying another vehicle at this time.

AthensMarine

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7–Liter V8 HEMI MDS VVT eTorque Engine
When I first bought my truck in 2022, I thought it was wonderful. Beautifully styled, great paint job, very comfortable ride. Then the recalls started. First was the tailgate, which would open by itself at odd moments. When it happened the first time, I thought maybe I had done something wrong. I had just finished taking my gear out of the truck and pushed the garage door button on the wall next to the kitchen door. I always stay in the garage until the door is almost closed. I turned to look at the truck and the tailgate had unexpectedly dropped. The door just kissed the edge of the tailgate without causing any damage, although it could have been much worse.

The recall came out and I had the truck serviced and supposedly the issue was fixed. Last night I came home from my jiu jitsu class and went to load some gear for an early morning trip to the range. As I walked outside with another load of gear, the tailgate opened on it's own....

This morning I called the dealer regarding the status of my order for the heater relay for my diesel. Originally, I was told that my part would be there in mid-May of this year. Then I was told June. Then the end of July. Today when I called I was told I am number 119 on the list. That means I am two years away from getting the repair done. I am unwilling to park my truck outdoors for the next two years.

I wish I had never purchased this truck.
I have a 2019 ram limited with the V-8 hemi. I serviced it at every mile stone suggested by the dealer. I never miss an oil change. Last week I am heading out to go play some golf and got a flashing check engine light. I tow it to the service department and I am told my engine is toast. 126,000 miles and the truck is dead. Believe it or not, I am considering buying a 2500 with a Cummins diesel, but I am definitely hesitant to buy another ram.

EddyS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Let me put it this way. I've owned numerous trucks and SUVs. This is the most expensive, by far, vehicle I have ever bought. It's also the one that has had the most problems, the most recalls. If selling it was a viable option, then I would certainly do so. I'm not in a financial position to do that. I wouldn't even mind if every time there was a recall it was fixed promptly AND correctly. Two years is a long time to wait for a part to be supplied.