Brake issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2014greatwhite

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I installed powerstop extreme truck and tow drilled and slotted pads and rotors. I have 1500-2000 miles on them. On initial braking of the ride they will squeal. Then that’s it unless truck sits for 5-6 hours then again initial braking of that ride the squeal is back. They sent me new pads under warranty. Good for a week then right back to same thing. They suggested I clean my rotors with soapy water. Does it sound like I might have a sticky caliper? It almost seems like one of he rotors has a film or glazing or something developing on it when it sits for a little bit. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Clean as recommended and see what happens..

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
did you do a proper bedding procedure with the new pads and rotors? If they didnt get bedded correctly that could cause issues. Also did you clean everything prior to install and grease guide pins? I also like to lightly grease the back of the pads as they can squeal when/if they vibrate in the caliper under braking