Brothers in Arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

michael harpe

U.S. Army 2001-2014
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 hemi
I forgot to add with my about me post I wear gruntsytle and am a member of their t shirt a month club for 20 bucks. I get told thank you quite a bit and dont mind the thanks. I always say your welcome in return. It was the only career I loved other than being an OTR trucker.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

LouM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Ecodiesel crewcab old/ now 2019 Laramie Hemi
Engine
eco diesel old / now Hemi missing the eco's mileage
Quite the response to your thread starter looks like I'll be the 45th responder to this in just a few days from the start.
Marines 70-74 Air Wing;
Paris Island,
Gieger,
NAS Millington for schools,
Cherry Point,
El Toro,
West Pac, Viet Nam (the bitter end) and Japan
Back to Cherry Point to finish up as an E-4

Big Mo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I’m new to this forum and this thread. I’m all for the military thread. Are we keeping it on here or are you making another thread! Thank all you guys for your service and sacrifices! I’m an Army guy. 21+ Years of Active Army service and multiple tours to Iraq and Afghanistan as well as a bunch of other countries in between! Still serving and hope to get to 30 years active but we will see if this only body holds up. Or even more importantly if the family holds up!

OP
OP
Pull Ya

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome everyone!!! I'm glad you like the idea of a thread of our own. I hope we can keep up the interest. I think there will be a lot of helpful information here as well as just some general bs. Thanks for your interest and your support of the thread--we are truly "Brothers & Sisters in Arms".
Jay

BigMo--welcome to the forum!! We're glad to have you and I hope you enjoy it here. There lots of good information here from some really friendly and knowledgeable folks.

Last edited:

anchorsaweigh

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm in!

509th Bomb Wing (Pease AFB, SAC) "Nothing's too good for the troops, so nothing is what they get."
1st Tac Fighter Wing (Langley AFB, TAC) "The only reward for a job well done is no punishment."
501st Missile Wing (RAF Greenham Common, USAFE) "If you can't lick'em, GLCM."

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a few ballg caps I wear once in awhile. Things were so bad in the mid seventies we were advised not to wear uniforms off base. I/we got in the habit of not calling attention to ourselves. Of course the short hair was a give away.

I entered the service in 1976 (though my draft number was coming up when they stopped the draft, phew.............), and even then it sure as heck was not popular to be in the military and part of the Hanoi Jane "bad PPL". Not want to repeat the garbage she spewed out....................But I did my 20 and a lil, and Proudly Fly my Flag every Day.....

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
delete

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm in!

509th Bomb Wing (Pease AFB, SAC) "Nothing's too good for the troops, so nothing is what they get."
1st Tac Fighter Wing (Langley AFB, TAC) "The only reward for a job well done is no punishment."
501st Missile Wing (RAF Greenham Common, USAFE) "If you can't lick'em, GLCM."

HA HA. 509th... I was in your sister Wing, 380th BW(M), Plattsburgh AFB, gotta luv them FB-111A's, hee hee. Lost 50% hearing from flight line, gotta luv it, but was sure a pretty PIC when they hit afterburner on them Rocket Engines on take Off.

GrumpyOleMan

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Jay,
You touched on something a page or two back. I usually feel more than just a little uncomfortable when thanked for my service. I did what I did for me. No regrets and it was a hoot, but in the end, I never heard a shot fired in anger and while I had more than a few occasions I wasn't 100% sure the day was going to end well, I would do it again in a heartbeat. But there are others, far too many others, that deserve to be thanked for they are the ones who really sacrificed. To this day I can remember names, see faces and hear voices of those who really deserve the thanks I am getting. In the end, I softly reply a thank you for their remembering servicemen and women and in my head I tell myself I am just accepting it for them.

much longer than I intended but I think it touched a nerve in me. in a good way.

Last edited:

ETX Ram

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Longhorn Southfork Edition
Engine
6.4L Hemi
For all you Brothers and Sisters in Arms, @Pull Ya sponsored this thread but I'm pretty sure I can speak for all in welcoming you here. I too want to thank each of you - especially the recent joiners for your dedicated service. I hope we keep this thread going and growing in the weeks and months to come.
:patriot:
Lee

OP
OP
Pull Ya

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
^^^You are not alone in those feelings. We must never ever forget the sacrifices that many made and still carry the thoughts, scars, memories and sometimes grief. We also must never forget the men and women that have made the ultimate sacrifice for their country and our freedom. God Bless them all.
Jay

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^^^You are not alone in those feelings. We must never ever forget the sacrifices that many made and still carry the thoughts, scars, memories and sometimes grief. We also must never forget the men and women that have made the ultimate sacrifice for their country and our freedom. God Bless them all.
Jay

I had just transferred into a BSB Garrison Unit in Germany, when Desert Shield/Storm hit. A female SSG that was in my old STRAF unit, when they deployed were in Brussels loading on barges. She was in full Battle rattle at that time which consisted of LBE/Flak/45 and M-16 slung. She fell off the barge before they even got out of port/loaded and drowned in a canal. She was single provider with 2 children. Lots of PPL lost before, during and after. And the millennials now have no idea and NO appreciation, just a saying.....

The memories a thread can dredge up, which is why I Fly my Flag every day...............................

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
delete

TMyers

USMC 84' - 92'
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
In 1986, while stationed in Cuba, we had a young man on the Windward side of the base that was home sick and wanted out of his orders there. He knew of some discrepancies with ammo and equipment so he wrote a letter to his congressman in which he, in exchange for getting him off the base, would identify the parties involved.

Needless to say, it got back to the base and "The Parties" involved. I had never heard the term "Code Red". However, Marines police there own.

Unlike the movie, in real life, he didn't die. And now you know the REAL story behind the movie, "A FEW GOOD MEN."

(Seven Marines were charged and six were convicted. One Marine, Cox, fought the charges and finished his tour in the Marines. Sadly he was murdered, execution style, in the woods beside his home. They never found his killer.)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcquinn