Brush to wash truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TeamSDL09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Im now too lazy to wash my truck. I go through car washes and have others wash it for me.

hotkarl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Semi-Hemi
I use a brush in the winter only, too damn cold for towels and mitts. My truck is silver so it's definitely more forgiving than black or other dark colors, I would never use a brush on black.
The brush I have has very very soft bristles, I haven't noticed any damage from using it. Then again my truck is due for a full heavy duty detail.

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
^^^same I only use the brush in the winter. I am lucky as down the street is a 10 bay was that is all indoor with tons of heat for those -30 days. Would I use the brush on the old 09 GT500 or the 2012 Challenger SRT8 which are black like the Hemi, not a chance. For the truck I power wash the brush before each and every use which is done after throughly washing the Hemi. No one using the brush needs to put 100lbs of force applying the soap to the paint. I don't get the swirls as I use the brush in a north to south motion or top to bottom.

When I get it home I pull out the pc and put a coat of polish on and voila clean scratch free awesome looking Ram.

Hrolfr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A good quality boars hair brush should not scratch.

regularcab2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Yeah when you say brush people make it out to be a hard bristle broom lol

Kinetic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Brushes are just a bad idea all around if you value your paint and don't want scratches and swirls. Whirl 'o matic car washes are bad for the same reason. It's better to wait and wash it appropriately than to wash it with a brush.

Copperhead7310

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn CCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Pretty much what the others have said already, I wouldnt use any sort of brush on mine.

A side note I remember in a Boy Scouts car wash, a buddy of mine was scrubbing a car with an SOS pad. We were about 6 or so, hell we didnt know! :)

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think dealers use them all the time when they detail cars and trucks before delivery. They must think it's the same as microfiber---dddddaaaaaa
Jay

jknappen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What is a good microfiber wash mitt mit then? I had a walmart special a while back and it fell apart. Also what is the best way to clean them?

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There are many different brands to chose from. Go to autogeek and look around at the selection. There are also a couple of vendors here on this site that sell detailing supplies, you might want to check them out also.
Jay

Last edited:

Timeless

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I thought this was going to be using brushes due to hard to reach areas.

So, what do you people use for getting to the higher spots on the truck? I am 6' 1" and cannot reach the top of the truck without standing on the nerf bars which are slick as hell when washing the truck.

Figured a long handled brush of some nature might make life easier?

xtr3me

Reaction score
Ram Year
08 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Do a search for ' Wash Sticks '....
Autoright makes several different styles with lambs wool heads. Work okay for roofs and toppers

amjones182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The only part of my truck I use a brush on is the roof while standing on the bed as I can't reach the whole top with my microfiber mitt , no scratches noted

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

dkmesa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What is a good microfiber wash mitt mit then? I had a walmart special a while back and it fell apart. Also what is the best way to clean them?

DI Accessories Sheepskin Mitt is what I use. I highly recommend Detailed Image. Great for all your detailing supplies and tutorials and professional reviews to help you decide then make the most of the products.

skidozer67

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi5.7
I used a wash brush from that a tractor trailer dealer sells on my old red F150 and my black work civic for years no scratches or swirls from it. I use it in the winter cause its frekin cold in Buffalo in the winter and I live in the country no drive through wash.

The salt will just rust it to crap anyway in 7 years.