Build options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dashbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Questions all for you:

• Digital Rearview Mirror & Wired Tow-Mode Camera - So it shows the feed from the bumper camera on your rear view mirror. And if you have a 5th wheel or trailer, and assuming it has a camera, it will show that here instead? Does this work well? Do trailers usually have these camera or is it propriety thing and you end up buying cameras for trailers and adding up after?
  • Air suspension in '22s: worth it having?
  • Stuck between 2500 and coil springs or the stiffer 3500 and leaf. Going to get a small-moderate size 5th wheel and considering rather I need the export support, assuming I'll instantly overload the payload but still be way beyond touching weight on axles. Trying to figure out the feel of it and if it's going to really matter, not rather it exceeds numbers.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
they don't put a camera connector in the bed, so that you can hook up to a 5th wheel
There is a explanation of how to set up your own, over on a 5th gen site

WHUFF

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L eTorque
The digital rear view camera is fed from a camera in the high mount center brake light housing. So it's an additional camera.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
OK
The exact same digital camera that is in some 3rd brake lights & is controlled by the 9" rear view mirror.
That camera with the exact same part number can be found at any Hyundai dealership at about half the cost,
Those cameras can be mounted in or on any trailer or in a truck mounted camper

OP
OP
D

dashbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Oh, different from the backup camera? Gotcha, guess it makes sense.

@GTyankee - So you're saying that if a trailer or new 5th wheel has a camera, and has this 12 pin connector or what not, there's not a connector in the bed of the Ram, and you have to get a connection from the front of trailer to the port on the bumper of your pickup to hook up the rear view? I saw your post in the other thread about someone who did some bumper retrofitting.

Just trying to understand if the digital mirror is a good fit or not.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
The new HD Rams have what looks like screw on fitting for the tv in your home
It also has a 3rd brake light with the standard Cargo Camera, but on the left side of the brake light, there is a Digital camera, that is controlled by the 9" digital rear view mirror.

The rear bumper connection, can be used inside the camper in the truck bed.
It can also be used on a trailer, in the interior or exterior

I have not seen it yet, but i would think that in the cab, you would have to have a control box.
I imagine that you could also put a digital camera behind your Ram's grille

As i mentioned somewhere, those digital cameras that are in the Ram's 3 brake Light, are the same digital camera, that are in some Hyundai's & the part number is the same as the Rams camera.
The Hyundai's camera is much cheaper, for the same camera.

I will try to find a Youtube video that a Ramforum Member made
He took the 3rd Brake light apart, to test whether or not he could make up a cable to control a remote camera on top of his Ram topper & then he could view his boat that he tows

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel

Home MOPAR 82215973AC ON Back Order

Camera Ki - Mopar (82215973AC)​

Genuine OEM Mopar Parts & Accessories - 82215973ac
1648164699415.png

XH7 Trailer Tow Mode Camera (Wired) option,​

The kit part number is shown as (P)68527599AA.

========================================

As you can see in the images, the new system uses four additional cameras that can be mounted on a box trailer to put together a composite bird’s-eye view of the trailer and display it on a screen inside the truck. This works in much the same way as the current truck 360-degree view, but it does require an additional camera kit with wires, camera mounts, cable mounts, and a control module. This new Trailer 360 View system can support trailers up to 53-feet in length. Yes, this system can theoretically support box trailers as long as the one behind a semi truck.

1648165973239.png

OP
OP
D

dashbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Wow, thanks for the info!

Wow, thanks for the info!

As a note, I ordered a new cummins, with a 50g fuel tank included :D

Didn't end up getting the towing technology or Chrome, but going to buy OEM running boards and and at dealer before pickup. Otherwise it's a decked out Tradesmen.