UConnect Update Gone Wrong - Lost Outside Mirror Cameras??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DrStevil

Reaction score
Hi All,
Yesterday (7/21/23), I had the UConnect do a forced update to my 12” system (‘22 1500 Limited 3.0EcoDiesel).
I immediately noticed two things: The white screen background now seems to have small grey “+”. The result is that it drops the contrast of the screen - and for me, it’s now harder to see.
MORE IMPORTANTLY….
The options to select my Left or Right outside rearview mirror cameras have disappeared. And yes, I have the Surround Camera system. The feature is important due to my very tight parking spot.

Did this happen to anyone else?

UConnect build: FCA-MY23.T25.48PROD

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Should come back in 24 hours. Some options take time to boot back up. Meantime try pushing in on both radio knobs at the same time. Read a guy on another thread did that to get his review camera back after disconnecting the battery.

OP
OP
D

DrStevil

Reaction score
Well, it’s been 5 days and the rearview mirror cameras still haven’t come back as a selectable option. I know the cameras are working since the surround view is showing correctly.
Now, I am wondering what else the update may have affected.

JMCCORD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI MDS VVT ETORQUE
Hi All,
Yesterday (7/21/23), I had the UConnect do a forced update to my 12” system (‘22 1500 Limited 3.0EcoDiesel).
I immediately noticed two things: The white screen background now seems to have small grey “+”. The result is that it drops the contrast of the screen - and for me, it’s now harder to see.
MORE IMPORTANTLY….
The options to select my Left or Right outside rearview mirror cameras have disappeared. And yes, I have the Surround Camera system. The feature is important due to my very tight parking spot.

My 2022 RAM updated UConnect a couple off days ago and just noticed my Left and Right side mirror camera’s are missing as well when i click on the Surround Camera System. Not sure how to get if fixed. Already scheduled a service Appointment to get it looked at.

reapur

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I have the same problem. I did have a shortcut of the right side mirror saved in the home screen and it seems to kind of work, a little wonky, I had to accelerate to make it turn off, since it comes up with no other button on the screen.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Good lord, every time I read something about these OTA Uconnect updates in the newer cars & trucks it seems to screw something up every time.

DPCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Same problem with me. 2022 ram 1500 just received a forced update and now no side mirror camera buttons. I tried battery disconnect and radio factor default reset. no joy. Anyone have a fix for it yet? :(
Hi All,
MORE IMPORTANTLY….

reapur

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
from what I understand ramcares is working with engineering for a fix. Apparently, I can't remember where I read this, maybe the trx board, but they pushed an update that was missing a check for the model year, so we got something intended only for the 2023's. rings true, but very sloppy. if I did something like this at my job, we'd be on 24x7 until a fix was pushed.

Last edited:

DPCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just got back from the dealer. They tried to update all the modules in my truck, and tried to back out the update that screwed everything up. They were unable to fix it. So, they took screen shots of my truck verses a 2023 truck that had the camera mirror buttons and sent it off to Ram for help. Suppose to call me back when they have an answer.
My guess is RamCare will send out a new flash update, or they will be replacing ROM modules in the near future (but just a guess).

OP
OP
D

DrStevil

Reaction score
Looks like I’ll be doing the same (visiting the dealer).
I finally made it through the phone prompt maze to someone who didn’t want to sell me SXM. After patiently describing the firmware screwup for the nth time, the rep had me do a soft reset. Of course, nothing changed.
“You need to go to the dealer.”
I think what shocked me the most was that the rep didn’t even open a case.

Good news? I’m on the mystical “wait list” for notification on the fuel pump recall.
Needless to say, I’m not holding my breath on either fix.

DPCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Update on the missing mirror buttons from the recent update:
My dealer told me that Ram is working on a fix and it should be available by the end of next month.
Fingers crossed.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Dealer appointments will be useless for this issue. The fix will be a new software update. In the meantime, AlfaOBD users can fix the issue by changing their model year to 2023.
IMG_5312.jpeg

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
I like how the Star publication calls the fix for their screw up a “software enhancement”. I guess the marketing folks have a hand in writing those bulletins.

ScRAMaR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have had the same issue with my 1500. At first the mirrors would not switch from left to right without putting from drive to reverse or part to get back to the surround camera view. Mine would also once on a side mirror left or right, there was an X in the top right corner, and it would not close the mirror camera even if I turned the radio off it would flash off and then the camera would still be on. Very Very annoying when trying to part in tight places. I have taken it to RAM and everyone looks at you confused like you in the wrong dealership asking questions about a Bugatti... I have even shot a video and sent into my local sales rep who sold me the RAM and he was unable to offer any suggestions on a fix. I do hope they are working on a correction to this as I have tried the factory reset on the radio and now, I have no side mirrors to choose from. This has been about the last 3 weeks, maybe the 1st week of August 2023.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My wifes 21 Grand Cherokee L did an update and now her phone refuses connect.

727Jay

Reaction score
I had the same problem and took my truck to the dealership. They said it’s an issue and they reset my system back to factory settings. Unfortunately, that didn’t fix anything except for remove all my presets that I had to go through all over again.
I’m still waiting for a fix. not happy it’s taking this long.

DPCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just spoke with my dealer and they concur with Jimmy07's post. basically just wait for the update to show up on my truck I guess. I love updates (sarcasm).

DPCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
UPDATE!! just connected my truck to home WiFi and the update came through. My side cameras are back. it took about 15 mins and the radio rebooted several times.