Build or buy subwoofer enclosure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
wow you've been waiting a while bro...I'd call

Tapatalk Addict

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
call them. don't screw with emails........

OP
OP
Deviate

Deviate

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 4x2
Engine
I called and the message says to send an email. :crazy: I left a message anyway. Hopefully I'll hear something soon.

OP
OP
Deviate

Deviate

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 4x2
Engine
Finally got some information. According to Joe Fox, "The boxes are made but were waiting for the molded caps that go on them. They are scheduled to be at my shop on Monday and as soon as they get in we just have to screw them to the box and it will get shipped." So hopefully I will have it by the middle of next week.

I don't mind that it takes longer to get done than what I expected, but the lack of communication on the whole issue is concerning. A simple email stating that they were waiting for something would have been enough.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
not to defend him, because i completely agree with you that he should keep paying customers updated. I just know in he past that he was that way, and when he gets busy there was no communication at all........but i never hear of him screwing anybody over

OP
OP
Deviate

Deviate

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 4x2
Engine
I definitely don't want people to read this and think that I am badmouthing him, his company or his product because I'm certainly not. I have heard nothing but great things about the product, otherwise I wouldn't have ordered one. And I have no doubt he will deliver. I just wanted to state that for the record.

swamp_life hemi 05

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I ordered mine it was close to Christmas and wow were they busy, I love this box and glad I bought it. But when they are backed up and busy he couldn't really talk due to him running around lol I got it a couple weeks after I ordered but I will recommend them to anybody.

Droid Incredible 2 on the move!!!

OP
OP
Deviate

Deviate

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 4x2
Engine
w00t! It shows as picked up today! Should be here Wednesday. Looks like I will be "working from home" on Wednesday. :flipthebird:

OP
OP
Deviate

Deviate

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 4x2
Engine
Got the box. It is very nice. I'm thoroughly impressed with the quality. I got the sub installed in it last night and have it hooked up now. Sounds pretty good, but I still have to tune the amps. It was dark last night when I got it in and I didn't feel much like fiddling with it.

Now, I have a new question...seems like there is always something. The box came with mdf spacers to raise the seat up to give the box clearance. I had performed the famous backseat mod to allow my seat to fold down. Well, with the spacers in place the seat wouldn't catch anymore, naturally. I tried flipping the brackets back around the right way and then I could fasten the seat, but now the back doesn't fold down anymore. That's no good!

I'm thinking I could make my own additional MDF spacers to sit on top of the ones from Fox, but I'm afraid the bolts that hold the seats down are going to be too short to get a really good hold like I would like. Has anyone else run into this issue and if so, how did you fix it? I could cut the "hooks" on the back of the seat, but I would really prefer not to.

Oh, and I am close to putting up pics...just bear with me a little longer.

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
well I'm in a second gen but going through the same thing

Tapatalk Addict

OP
OP
Deviate

Deviate

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 4x2
Engine
Here are some of the pics I promised:

Passenger door tweeter placement:
DSCN0569.jpg

DSCN0570.jpg

Driver door:
DSCN0571.jpg

Amps and such:
DSCN0572.jpg

Fox Box with Punch 10:
DSCN0574.jpg

I'll try to get a better pic of the amps and all when I take the seat out to put the extra spacer and longer bolts in. I decided to buy some 3" inch bolts and just add another MDF spacer so I can still flip the seat down.

Zachohs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I didn't buy a foxbox, but I needed spacers anyways, so I made some spacers out of 3/4" mdf and stacked 2 of them on top of each other for spacing. Also, for bolts I got some longer ones, I can't remember what size they were off the top of my head though. I'll get the size to you after lunch.

OP
OP
Deviate

Deviate

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 4x2
Engine
Hmmm I thought I posted this but I guess not....

I definitely need to know the bolt size. I went to home depot, which is all I have around here, and bought some 1/2" x 3" bolts. They won't screw in at all. I took the old bolt with me and it seemed to fit a 1/2" nut just right. But it doesn't work on the truck. So I need to know what size bolt that is. Any ideas?

Zachohs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ok, I figured out the bolt size I used, it was M12-1.75 x 80 mm. 3/4" socket worked best to get them in.

OP
OP
Deviate

Deviate

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 4x2
Engine
Thanks Zachohs. Since I went with two 5/8" MDF spacers, I got M12-1.75 X 70mm bolts and they were perfect.

So, we are done and I am so pleased with the system. Since I said I would post up some pics of the amp rack with the seat out, here they are:

DSCN0576.jpg

DSCN0575.jpg

Now...I just have to fight the urge to install a double din headunit with nav and backup camera. :naughty: