Build Time?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RNMAAS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Newby here. Just wanted to share my RAM 1500 Laramie build time. I ordered a pretty much loaded Laramie on 2/17 and I received an email from the dealer on 3/1 saying that it was built, awaiting railcar placement. Even the sales person was amazed!

DB Cooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 ETORQ
Do your build sheet or window sticker show up yet? That would tell you if it's been built yet or not.

Joe:
Question for you, my truck finally showed up on the VIN checker but not the window sticker. How many more weeks am I looking at?

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Joe:
Question for you, my truck finally showed up on the VIN checker but not the window sticker. How many more weeks am I looking at?

Hey DB,

So once the build sheet appears it means the truck is being built/has been built, and is awaiting it's trip to the vendor for any accessory install (bed liner, mud flaps, running boards etc). Once the vendor install stuff is done and the truck has an estimated ship date, the window sticker will become available here:

At this point you could contact your dealer and ask for an updated POC (priced order confirmation) which should list the current shipping code as well as the estimated ship date.

In terms of time, most window stickers become available within a few days or so after the build sheet is available. Amount of time to ship after that varies, but on the other ram forum I am on (5th gen rams) they have been tracking average waiting times from factory to dealer, the average being around 20 days give or take, from what I remember.

Of course it is still all a crapshoot and there have been some unlucky people who have gotten stuck a lot longer at the vendor or awaiting shipping. I would guess though that you are about a month or two out from receiving yours, hopefully a little sooner.

DB Cooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 ETORQ
Hi Joe:

Sorry, I read your posts out of order. If I knew I could order a spray liner as part of the order, I might have :). Thank you for your help...

I still need to find someone that will add the bumper, liner, and backflip in my area.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi Joe:

Sorry, I read your posts out of order. If I knew I could order a spray liner as part of the order, I might have :). Thank you for your help...

I still need to find someone that will add the bumper, liner, and backflip in my area.

Hey DB,

No problem at all, I just responded to the other thread having forgotten about this one. So there is a bit of redundancy in the two threads now but that won't hurt anyone. Glad I could help though!

As for the bed liner, certain trims come with it standard and I believe you can add it to any other trim levels if it isn't included. Not too big of a deal though, there are multiple chain places that do bed liner installs so you should be able to find someone. Or if you want to do handle it yourself they have kits for that as well.

DB Cooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 ETORQ
Update.... My truck just showed up in the Window Sticker database.... Very happy with this. Now the issue will be how long before the truck arrives in Calif?

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Update.... My truck just showed up in the Window Sticker database.... Very happy with this. Now the issue will be how long before the truck arrives in Calif?

I think the average time is roughly 3 weeks give or take, the other ram forum has a chart that shows average days by state that it takes from window sticker to delivery.

Most seem to be in the 2-4 week area, but just like the build that can be a crapshoot too and you may see it sooner or later than that timeframe.

psubob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Newby here. Just wanted to share my RAM 1500 Laramie build time. I ordered a pretty much loaded Laramie on 2/17 and I received an email from the dealer on 3/1 saying that it was built, awaiting railcar placement. Even the sales person was amazed!
First time poster here. Very similar to my situation, I ordered a Laramie loaded with options on 2/12 and it is expected at the dealership any day now. Way quicker than expected.

RNMAAS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Want to update my post as follows:
2/10/22 order placed at the dealer. I watched the dealer enter it in to the factory to confirm it was exactly how I wanted it.
2/21/22 RAM cares sends me an email with a projected delivery of 3/25/22
3/1/22 Dealer says truck built awaiting rail car placement
3/23/22 Dealer tells me truck has been delivered!
All in all 6 weeks from order to delivery! I'm picking it up tomorrow! Definitely worth it to get the exact truck you want.