Bulb list for 4th gens

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DC813

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Size 921

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Blackout, I know you have done a ton of stuff with lighting on your truck, when you swapped all these to LED's did you have any problems with error codes and with the exterior ones, did you install resistors with them?

PSYS

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 RAM SPORT REG CAB 4X4
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Blackout, I know you have done a ton of stuff with lighting on your truck, when you swapped all these to LED's did you have any problems with error codes and with the exterior ones, did you install resistors with them?

+1 to this.

How do I know what bulbs can be swapped without having to use a resistor of any kind? Does a resistor only need to be utilized if you're changing to an LED bulb or would this be any aftermarket bulb? I must be missing some info.

jsl6v8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 HFE RCSB
Engine
3.6L V6 And proud.
are license plate lights, and the other lights for that matter, still accurate from the first post for the 2013/2014? Just trying to make sure I get the right license plate lights.

iam_canadian22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
4th Gen LEDs
Reverse - 921
Cargo Lights/Top mount break light - 921
Map lights - 921
Dome light - 4410
looking to upgrade the lights in my 13 sport, will get the side emmiter t15's for backups, dome light led, now for map lights the 921 are available in wedge or spot, which style do I need, and same question for the cargo light?

tsunamilogan05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got all my canbus leds and hids from there. Price shopped lol. Not putting down supporting vendors by any means.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

jsl6v8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 HFE RCSB
Engine
3.6L V6 And proud.
I replaced all my interior lights and the 3rd brake light cargo lights with LEDs, none of them canbus LEDs none of them with resistors, no bulb out messages or error messages.

Edit: 2013 Ram 1500 HFE in case someone asks, I followed the bulb list from page 1.

Last edited:

aIIan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2O14
Engine
How about the interior lights?

Map light, under seat light, rear view mirror lights, etc.

jsl6v8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 HFE RCSB
Engine
3.6L V6 And proud.
I used 921s for the foot lighting/underseat. Not sure on the side mirrors but I know someone has posted that info somewhere, if its not in this thread do a search in the exterior forum.

aIIan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2O14
Engine
Thanks.

How do the interior lights come off? Just pry them open?

jsl6v8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 HFE RCSB
Engine
3.6L V6 And proud.
which one and do you mean the bulb or the plastic cover and yes, just depending on the light will depend where you pry.

aIIan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2O14
Engine
Interior.

I've got the two map lights up front, dome light in the back and two under the back seats.

jsl6v8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 HFE RCSB
Engine
3.6L V6 And proud.
Interior.

I've got the two map lights up front, dome light in the back and two under the back seats.

Map lights push it in and pull at the sides of the forward most part of the lens, it comes out pretty easy I used a small eyeglass flat head.

Dome light at the back there is a pretty clear indentation that looks made for a flat head screw driver on the right hand side as you are facing it, push in and give it some leverage, it requires more force than the map lights.

The underseat lights if they are the same as the ones in the front of the truck it just a little plastic dome, just pry at that sucker.

The bulbs themselves with the exception of the dome light are all T types, the map light ones are a bit of a pain, I'd suggest getting a pick or small eyeglass flathead and try to come at them from an angle to pry those suckers out, all the others are pretty easy.

Also remember most LEDs only have one way to put them in, so test it before you close everything up. Also me and some other members have had issues with the map lights "clicking" on after installing the LED, make sure the LED isn't too far in, that fixed mine.

Last edited: