Bump / Jerk when coming to a stop fixed???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

acoffeefiend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
OP
[ATTACH=full]534386[/ATTACH]

acoffeefiend

Junior Member​

Bump when coming to a stop fixed??? Mechanic drove it when I had it in for the gear swap and noticed the "bump" when coming to a stop. He said it was hard downshifting into first gear most likely from the valves in the transmission sticking. I hadn't ever changed the trans fluid and figured I'd do it at 100K miles. (Found out later the reccomended change interval is every 60K miles. ) Did a full transmission flush and put in the PPE aftermarket pan that holds an additional 2 qts of trans fluid. He said the more I drove it the better it would get as the new fluid flushed out the valves. It is better than it was, not completely gone, but significantly better than it was.

Would love to hear any mechanics thoughts on valves sticking in the transmission causing this and any other fixes/cleaners to transmission valve sticking if it comes back or doesn't completely go away.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
OP
[ATTACH=full]534386[/ATTACH]

acoffeefiend

Junior Member​

Bump when coming to a stop fixed??? Mechanic drove it when I had it in for the gear swap and noticed the "bump" when coming to a stop. He said it was hard downshifting into first gear most likely from the valves in the transmission sticking. I hadn't ever changed the trans fluid and figured I'd do it at 100K miles. (Found out later the reccomended change interval is every 60K miles. ) Did a full transmission flush and put in the PPE aftermarket pan that holds an additional 2 qts of trans fluid. He said the more I drove it the better it would get as the new fluid flushed out the valves. It is better than it was, not completely gone, but significantly better than it was.

Would love to hear any mechanics thoughts on valves sticking in the transmission causing this and any other fixes/cleaners to transmission valve sticking if it comes back or doesn't completely go away.
Supposedly the Zip Kit addresses some of those issues.

Did your mechanic follow these instructions,especially the one about levelling the transmission,very few do,as they do the service on a lift.You need the rear tires roughly 8 or 9 inches in the air to level the transmission,if you don't level the transmission,it'll be low on fluid.

Attachments

• IMG_3383 (2).JPG
    IMG_3383 (2).JPG
    272.9 KB · Views: 4
OP
OP
acoffeefiend

acoffeefiend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Supposedly the Zip Kit addresses some of those issues.

Did your mechanic follow these instructions,especially the one about levelling the transmission,very few do,as they do the service on a lift.You need the rear tires roughly 8 or 9 inches in the air to level the transmission,if you don't level the transmission,it'll be low on fluid.
Yes, he loosed the three bolts and jacked the tranny up. I'll definitely keep this in mid if the issue doesn't resolve and take it to someone who specializes in transmissions. Thank you.

Last edited: