Buying a new 2020 Ram 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shurik74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Hello everyone!

Here is Aleks from Sacramento, CA. I've been here for a while reading your feedback and suggestions to get better picture of any pros & cons. I have rented for at least a week every truck in this category to see which one I like better. Last one was 2019 (classic) with HEMI engine, drove it to camping and city. I was impressed with handling and power response if needed to push.

As of today I sold my Lexus myself, have been heavy browsing for inventory in CA (preferred) and outside the state for past 2 weeks. My choices would be LongHorn in CA & Limited in Idaho including 3.92 rear, 33 gallons tanks, towing package. I know that forum has tons of info that I'm looking for but honestly I'm so tired of searching for inventory and details about RAM trucks. I found most of the answers but a few concerns still here, Apology for asking similar silly questions in advance... :)

1. Is it going to be ok to drive around city & suburbs with 6.4ft bed vs 5.7 as daily driver?
2. Any future issues with pano roof I might experience? I know dealerships are not the best to fix vs sell.
3. I'm set for HEMI, even though I'm going to buy a camping trailer in near future, nothing else I plan to tow.
4. Do you think we might get additional 4th of July discounts? Trucks I like keep disappearing from lots.
5. Anything you might bring it up?

Thanks again...

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
1. Yes, it gets a "little" more "difficult" maneuvering in tighter spaces, parking lots and such but it is just a learning curve.
2. Had them in my Jeeps, never had a problem
3. Do a LOT of reading about safe towing. Stay in a safe weight range, weight balance, good WD Hitch, etc, read read read
4. Not on the East Cost but it will depend on inventory in your area and if more truck are coming
5. I prefer the classiness of the Limited vs. the Longhorn interior but that is 100% opinion :)

OP
OP
S

shurik74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Alright... I finally did it... Picked up today 2020 Ram 1500 Longhorn 6.4 bed, looks like it has pretty much all features like Limited except lane departure & adaptive cruise control which is I don't care for, never used on previous car.

I did not find a button for rain sensor to turn on/off. Am I missing it?

So far I'm super happy with my choice especially with brown interior! Air suspension makes ride so smooth...

WhatsApp Image 2020-06-21 at 11.42.39.jpeg

Attachments

• WindowStickerPDF.pdf
    95.9 KB · Views: 6

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Congratulations on the new truck. The rain sensor on my Laramie works when you turn the wipers on. If it senses heavy rain the wipers will work faster. Less rain and they wipe slower. They have to be on though. There is not a button that I know of. I turned the rain sensing feature off on mine. I prefer to adjust the speed myself. Same with auto high beams. Turned that function off too because the lights flash high and low too often on auto.

OP
OP
S

shurik74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Congratulations on the new truck. The rain sensor on my Laramie works when you turn the wipers on. If it senses heavy rain the wipers will work faster. Less rain and they wipe slower. They have to be on though. There is not a button that I know of. I turned the rain sensing feature off on mine. I prefer to adjust the speed myself. Same with auto high beams. Turned that function off too because the lights flash high and low too often on auto.

Thanks Bryan, good info...

BNeal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Congrats! I'm holding off for the '21. My current lease will be up in Jan. Moving from a 2018 5-series BMW to a new Ram Limited. Can't wait!

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
If rain sense it turned on, in the DIC, click the COG then wipers, the select on. the wiper delay is what controls the frequency/sensitivity of the wipes. The same wiper delay on the blinker stalk

OP
OP
S

shurik74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Congrats! I'm holding off for the '21. My current lease will be up in Jan. Moving from a 2018 5-series BMW to a new Ram Limited. Can't wait!

Makes sense for you to hold for next year model, in my case I received great offer to buy my Lexus that I couldn't pass on...

IMG_20200617_135057.jpg

IMG_20200617_135138~3.jpg

IMG_20200617_135147~2.jpg

bellaireroad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Alright... I finally did it... Picked up today 2020 Ram 1500 Longhorn 6.4 bed, looks like it has pretty much all features like Limited except lane departure & adaptive cruise control which is I don't care for, never used on previous car.

I did not find a button for rain sensor to turn on/off. Am I missing it?

So far I'm super happy with my choice especially with brown interior! Air suspension makes ride so smooth...

View attachment 212668

Nice Truck! Congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Congrats, nice looking truck for sure!

OP
OP
S

shurik74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Does it make any difference in engine or tranny if truck manufactured in 12/19 or 04/2020 ? not eTorque, standard HEMI