Buying advise please...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

karkrafter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have decided to buy a new RAM. Probably a 24, probably ordered. I'm fussy, Color ,quad cab, hemi, 4x4, sport, and limited slip. Probably no more or less,

Assuming the strike is over, can I get a dealer to order one for me at invoice? They just had a 3-4000$ rebate...do they get better than that? I'm a nickle **** so......

KKBB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Check with Granger motors in iowa, they have prices where you would want. Only thing that could change is the strike, but you could call and ask.

oe542bob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
Although I ended up ordering my truck from my local dealership ( did get a discount from MSRP ), I almost ordered from Koons CJDR in Virginia. I would have saved thousands over what I paid. 2 things why I didn’t. First was the distance to go and pick it up and 2nd was I had a trade.
My worry was they could possibly low ball my trade value to eat up the lower price of the new truck.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have decided to buy a new RAM. Probably a 24, probably ordered. I'm fussy, Color ,quad cab, hemi, 4x4, sport, and limited slip. Probably no more or less,

Assuming the strike is over, can I get a dealer to order one for me at invoice? They just had a 3-4000$ rebate...do they get better than that? I'm a nickle **** so......
1500 or 2500?

Redfisher1974

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not sure if same in states as canada but when I ordered my 2017 it was 52k mrsp (paid 36k) cad, anyways I signed at a certain price with discounts available and during the delivery time ram came out with bigger discounts and i was able to receive them on top of signed price! So 36k Canadian for a 2017 outdoorsman.

Mike Wenrich

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2004.5, 2023 RAM 2500 Laramie 4x4
Engine
5.9 Diesel, 6.4 Hemi
I just purchased a 2023 less than two weeks ago. It's new and has everything the OP mentioned plus it was in my color choice. I was having difficulty finding the truck I wanted so priced a 2024. Here in CA in the central valley area we cannot get anything off MSRP. Maybe in the entire state. Going to Iowa was out of the question and pricing the dealers in Idaho was the same as here. MSRP. Might have to do with the amount of inventory and the strike. But I did get a discount on the 23. Close to 5K. Still this truck was way up there compared to 10 years ago. Inflated prices to go along with standard inflation on everything. One loaded 2500 6.4 truck in Sacramento had an MSRP of 80K but I could have purchased it for 74K. It had the RAM boxes which I did not want and was not my color choice. So I would say that with the current market you might not find much of a deal right now. If you can wait then the supply line might be better in say 6 months. Also, the MSRP went up for 2024 trucks. The Level 1 group is $600 more than 2023. If you can find the 23 model with "most" of what you want then that might save you some bucks. RAM is offering a $1500 discount and another $1500 if you are current military, etc. A discount few qualify for but looks good in their advertising. Good luck. I used up several life units researching these all over the US.

gwilburn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 1500 Limited Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Good luck... I ordered a 2023 just after memorial day. Didn't hear a thing until sometime in July, when they said I couldn't get a 2023 and it would be a 2024. So, i changed my order to get the 6'4" bed (which wasn't available in late 2023). That order was confirmed on July 29th by email. Got another email last weekend Sept 30 that it was queued to be built (dealer said that weeks ago).
Here we are in October and I have no idea when my truck will show. Probably just in time to drive it home in the salt.

Forgot to mention that they've quietly dropped standard features off the Limited - Power Running boards are no longer included, you have to buy $5000 package to get them. Can't just buy trailer tow mirrors - have to but the $1200 trailer tow group.

It's been the most frustrating $70,000 i've ever tried to spend. Ram has their heads "rammed" up their a$$. No other mfg. forces packages on you like this for basic stuff people want on a truck.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Mark Dodge CJDR is a forum sponsor. They post some great deals. @AnthonyRI is their rep on the forums. They’re also good at finding all the little discounts that add up like military, first responder, cross-eyed second cousin, etc.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Good luck... I ordered a 2023 just after memorial day. Didn't hear a thing until sometime in July, when they said I couldn't get a 2023 and it would be a 2024. So, i changed my order to get the 6'4" bed (which wasn't available in late 2023). That order was confirmed on July 29th by email. Got another email last weekend Sept 30 that it was queued to be built (dealer said that weeks ago).
Here we are in October and I have no idea when my truck will show. Probably just in time to drive it home in the salt.

Forgot to mention that they've quietly dropped standard features off the Limited - Power Running boards are no longer included, you have to buy $5000 package to get them. Can't just buy trailer tow mirrors - have to but the $1200 trailer tow group.

It's been the most frustrating $70,000 i've ever tried to spend. Ram has their heads "rammed" up their a$$. No other mfg. forces packages on you like this for basic stuff people want on a truck.
I would beg to differ. I originally wanted to go with Chevy because my last truck was a Silverado 1500 4x4 that served me well for 23 years. I got on the Chevy website and did the build-your-own thing, then took that to the dealership. The first salesman that approached me, I handed him the list and said, "Sell me this truck." He looked at it, handed it back and said, "I can't get that vehicle. No one is ordering regular cabs." I replied, "If you order this one, then someone has just done so." He told me that Chevy is not allowing people to order a truck, they have to take what's available on the lot. Everything on the lot was way more truck than I wanted - bell and whistles-wise. So I walked...and he let me.

Went to the Ford dealer and the salesman and sales manager - who were both really nice - told me the same thing. I could only take what was on the lot. In fact, the sales manager told me that Ford was only allowing his lot twenty-two F-250's for the entire model year. He said he could sell that many in a month, but that all he was getting for the entire year. He also told me that he hadn't seen a truck go for less than about $52k in a couple years.

So, I have a RAM because they let me order what I wanted - which was basically nothing but a truck with some tow hooks, a brake controller, and a bed liner. And I paid considerably less than $52k.

skates15

Reaction score
I bought a 2023 1500 last week from Jeff Belzer's of Lakeville, MN. It was a bighorn, hemi, blue, sport package, the big nav screen, trailer brake, wheels and mats for 12K off. I think the dealer took 8K off and then Ram 4K promotion. They have a lot of Rams on the lot and were easy to work with.

KKBB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought a 2023 1500 last week from Jeff Belzer's of Lakeville, MN. It was a bighorn, hemi, blue, sport package, the big nav screen, trailer brake, wheels and mats for 12K off. I think the dealer took 8K off and then Ram 4K promotion. They have a lot of Rams on the lot and were easy to work with.
I agree with you. I bought my 2019 ram 2500 from them 3.5 years ago. I am in Iowa and did the entire deal over pics before I got there. It all went smooth as could be and they were great to deal with. Also, I think mine was 14k off sticker which was the best deal I could find by about 2k. It was well worth the 5 hour drive.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
When I lived in Iowa I bought 4 vehicle from Dodge of Burnsville MN just up the road from Lakeville MN, for me they always had cars at lower prices, but then that was 5 years ago...

skates15

Reaction score
When I lived in Iowa I bought 4 vehicle from Dodge of Burnsville MN just up the road from Lakeville MN, for me they always had cars at lower prices, but then that was 5 years ago...
I went in thinking the price was a bait and switch but no, it was the actual price. I was shocked at the discount. Perhaps the interest rates have curtailed buying and they are doing what they can to move product. The sticker was 61k I think and with 12k off the price was the same as a family suv. Perhaps the high cost of 61k for a big horn along with high interest rates are forcing the price down.

AnthonyRI

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Mark Dodge CJDR is a forum sponsor. They post some great deals. @AnthonyRI is their rep on the forums. They’re also good at finding all the little discounts that add up like military, first responder, cross-eyed second cousin, etc.
Happy to help if we can - discounts on factory orders ranging from 11% (HDs) to 12.5% (DT Laramie/Limited/Longhorn) and others in between - that's BEFORE any rebates/incentives/affiliatees/coupons from RAM.

FWIW, strike SO FAR has had no impact on availability, production, or transport of factory orders. Now that absolutely can change - but so far we've been in the clear.

Chief108

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just purchased my first Ram. A 2023 Laramie, msrp $70,520. First few dealers didn't offer much off. Found a dealer in upstate NY that was easy to deal with. I got it for one percent under invoice, plus $5500 in rebates for just over $12K off sticker. You just have to keep looking. A lot of it is being at the right dealer at the right time that has a truck sitting on the lot. Was driving a Tundra before, so far I'm impressed with the Ram

trujillolm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Hey there…
I don’t want to compete with @AnthonyRI but if any of you are close to Central Florida (Orlando) I’d like to help with Ram Trucks, LD or HD, Airport Chrysler Dodge is where I work… we do have plenty of stock in Ram 2024s

boblonben

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just purchased a 2023 less than two weeks ago. It's new and has everything the OP mentioned plus it was in my color choice. I was having difficulty finding the truck I wanted so priced a 2024. Here in CA in the central valley area we cannot get anything off MSRP. Maybe in the entire state. Going to Iowa was out of the question and pricing the dealers in Idaho was the same as here. MSRP. Might have to do with the amount of inventory and the strike. But I did get a discount on the 23. Close to 5K. Still this truck was way up there compared to 10 years ago. Inflated prices to go along with standard inflation on everything. One loaded 2500 6.4 truck in Sacramento had an MSRP of 80K but I could have purchased it for 74K. It had the RAM boxes which I did not want and was not my color choice. So I would say that with the current market you might not find much of a deal right now. If you can wait then the supply line might be better in say 6 months. Also, the MSRP went up for 2024 trucks. The Level 1 group is $600 more than 2023. If you can find the 23 model with "most" of what you want then that might save you some bucks. RAM is offering a $1500 discount and another $1500 if you are current military, etc. A discount few qualify for but looks good in their advertising. Good luck. I used up several life units researching these all over the US.
Should have come yomTexas. Every dealer has a $8K to $12K discount off MSRP. Just bought a 2023 crew Lone Star 4X4 short bed, w/nav, leather $54978 msrp discount of $12500. If you are paying msrp you are paying too much.

ppine

Forester
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 liter diesel
I liked working with Dave Smith in Idaho last year. They had VIN numbers when other dealers only had wishful thinking.
Easy to fly to Spokane and ride the shuttle. I paid MSRP, now they should be a little under.

znrh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Theres still plenty of Rams on the lots. I got about 8k off of my 22 Ram bighorn Night edition and I added my own aftermarket LED headlights, fender liners, and some nice sidesteps for 700 under Mopar that fit perfectly. Loving this next gen Ram

Buck59

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
I ordered a 1500 Longhorn Crew Cab 4x4 on 6/19/23 in Ivory white with the 5.7 Hemi. Loaded with sunroof, bed utility group, level 1 equipment group, tonneau cover, multi tailgate, 33 gal tank. air suspension and trailer brake controller. (Only thing I wished I had ordered was the generator package) MSRP was $82,905, paid $73,080 with the available 3K rebate (77,971 after all the fees and taxes). This was with Roger at Westgate Dodge in WakeForest, NC. Picked it up on 9/20/23 and its a 2024. Hope that helps