Buying advise please...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wire4money

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I liked working with Dave Smith in Idaho last year. They had VIN numbers when other dealers only had wishful thinking.
Easy to fly to Spokane and ride the shuttle. I paid MSRP, now they should be a little under.
They used to be super cheap, but MSRP on a Ram last year was not a good deal. I bought mine Aug 22 for well below MSRP.

Lon Saeger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I bought a 2022 with the e-torque. Very disappointed with that system. I can turn off the start stop part which is no big deal. I have to do that with the Pacifica also. The downshifting I don't like. The truck will not coast unless I switch the selector to neutral. The dealer said there is no way they can turn that part off. I noticed the Pacifica does this also. And yes the tow button is off. I was always a Mopar guy, but now I am looking at others. This function is like sitting on a thumb tack every time I drive this truck.

liedoctor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
Go see Kernersville Ram in Kernersville, NC. About a month ago, I bought me a brand new 2023 Ram 1500, Big Horn 4X4. Sport package with a bunch of other goodies. MSRP was 57K. I bought the truck for 45K & for my trade in, they gave me 4K less than I paid for my Ford F150 in 2019. I basically wrote a check for 18K and drove away in my new Ram....

Attachments

• Side View.jpg
    Side View.jpg
    305 KB · Views: 2

Mike Wenrich

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2004.5, 2023 RAM 2500 Laramie 4x4
Engine
5.9 Diesel, 6.4 Hemi
Most of these replies where new trucks are discounted heavily are for 1500s and locales in the far east or south. Dave Dillon and Dave Smith are only selling at MSRP ( I checked) or did not have any 2024/23 6.4 2500 Laramies in stock. Going from CA where I live and driving a new truck back here adds a great deal to the cost let alone the risk of getting there and the truck is gone or something needs to be done to fix a problem with electronics, etc. My state has few options for a deal right now because of the strike and in my case looking for a well optioned 6.4 2500. I spent hours upon hours searching the internet for something close and the only ones I found were far away. So I took the deal I could get on the 23 200 miles away which was 5K better than I could do close to home. The dealers near me have missed out on three new RAM sales now because they would not deal. Damn fools in my opinion but they are still open for business so maybe I am mistaken.

CA is like another world financially where the idiots in Sacramento think everyone has money to burn....like they do. Everything costs more here. RAM has $4,000 discounts on 1500s here and a lot of them on the lots along with a lot of 6.7's 2500's. I wish I could get those east coast discounts but alas that is not in the cards. Good for you that live near there though.:mad:

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Most of these replies where new trucks are discounted heavily are for 1500s and locales in the far east or south. Dave Dillon and Dave Smith are only selling at MSRP ( I checked) or did not have any 2024/23 6.4 2500 Laramies in stock. Going from CA where I live and driving a new truck back here adds a great deal to the cost let alone the risk of getting there and the truck is gone or something needs to be done to fix a problem with electronics, etc. My state has few options for a deal right now because of the strike and in my case looking for a well optioned 6.4 2500. I spent hours upon hours searching the internet for something close and the only ones I found were far away. So I took the deal I could get on the 23 200 miles away which was 5K better than I could do close to home. The dealers near me have missed out on three new RAM sales now because they would not deal. Damn fools in my opinion but they are still open for business so maybe I am mistaken.

CA is like another world financially where the idiots in Sacramento think everyone has money to burn....like they do. Everything costs more here. RAM has $4,000 discounts on 1500s here and a lot of them on the lots along with a lot of 6.7's 2500's. I wish I could get those east coast discounts but alas that is not in the cards. Good for you that live near there though.:mad:
I'm an original native Californian so I understand your frustration. You couldn't pay me enough to go back there.

liedoctor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
I used to live in California and yes, it has become an overpriced, corrupt, and crime infested hell hole. My son still lives there, and I can't wait until he can get out. I have lived happily in the SE for many years. I would suggest that even if you live in California, you by no means have to purchase your new vehicle there. Most new cars are now 50 states compliant and will easily pass the CA smog test (this is also easily checked on the particular new vehicle you wish to purchase). I have shopped across the U.S. for all my new (and most of my used) cars for years and have saved tens of thousands of dollars. The cost of vehicle transport from the east coast to California is still around 2K. Therefore, if you can save 10-12K by purchasing on the east coast and having the truck shipped to your door, what's the downside?

Mike Wenrich

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2004.5, 2023 RAM 2500 Laramie 4x4
Engine
5.9 Diesel, 6.4 Hemi
You make a good point Doc. But I have heard about brokers/dealers that sell vehicles, keep your money, but don't actually own them or pass your money on to the lien holder. Maybe enough research would find you a reputable dealer but I can't at my stage of life risk losing 75-80K and have to hire lawyers and travel from coast to coast. I'm not one to check for Commies under the bed (remember that one?) but factoring everything, I took the bird in the hand not the one in the bush. I do wish my state was a better to place to exist but politicians have all but ruined it. Taxifornia is the name of the game here. I don't even want to tell you what it costs to register and license my trucks each year. Highway robbery I say.