C151C Code- 2015 Ram 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Iflyabeech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 4x4 Outdoorsman Crewcab
Engine
Ecodiesel 3.0
My truck is throwing a TPMS light.
The EVIC is reading all 4 tire pressures as normal, and I checked it with AlfaObd and it’s showing a C151C code.
I’ve cleared the fault with AlfaObd.
The first time I cleared the code and the TPMS light the fault cleared-after a three hour drive I turned the truck off Long enough to fill the truck up with diesel, and the TPMS light and the C151C code came back.
The entire time the pressure has been normal at 40lbs or so. I aired all the tires up to 42lbs and still the issue.
I’m at Discount Tire now and they scanned all of the TPMS sensors and said they are all good.
Any ideas?

kp4243

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My truck is throwing a TPMS light.
The EVIC is reading all 4 tire pressures as normal, and I checked it with AlfaObd and it’s showing a C151C code.
I’ve cleared the fault with AlfaObd.
The first time I cleared the code and the TPMS light the fault cleared-after a three hour drive I turned the truck off Long enough to fill the truck up with diesel, and the TPMS light and the C151C code came back.
The entire time the pressure has been normal at 40lbs or so. I aired all the tires up to 42lbs and still the issue.
I’m at Discount Tire now and they scanned all of the TPMS sensors and said they are all good.
Any ideas?

Did you ever get it fixed? If so what did you dO to fix it?

OP
OP
Iflyabeech

Iflyabeech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel 3.0
The dealer reflashed the radio module and that fixed it, but I thought about and I think I could have relearned the sensors using Alfaodb and it would have worked....

kp4243

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The dealer reflashed the radio module and that fixed it, but I thought about and I think I could have relearned the sensors using Alfaodb and it would have worked....

When you say radio module...you mean the RFHub? Where the sensors are picked up correct? Not the radio itself. I am still having trouble getting the code off. I have flashed the RFHub still faulting.

OP
OP
Iflyabeech

Iflyabeech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel 3.0
When you say radio module...you mean the RFHub? Where the sensors are picked up correct? Not the radio itself. I am still having trouble getting the code off. I have flashed the RFHub still faulting.
Yes

MarineBSP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for posting on this - I am still learning a lot about how my truck really works. The communication between the sensors, the local-to-the-wheel antenna, and the RFhub appears pretty complex.

I had a flat, and I was surprised that the TPMS sensor for that tire didn't lose connection with the EVIC display, even with the tire in the bed. It continued to read the pressure as the tire slowly deflated. I had already rotated the tires once, so the system was "smart" enough to see the remaining three tires in their locations, and it kept track of the one removed and out-of-service as if it were still mounted. Only when the pressure went to about zero did the display show a "---" for that tire.

Stick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I realize this a way old now, but I'm having this issue currently and wondering if or how you fixed it. Thanks.